What Do You Love About Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
What Do You Love About Pregnancy?
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 7:59am

What are some of your very favorite parts of pregnancy?  

For me I loved getting nightly foot massages from my hubby- they felt SO good (and I have not had one since!)!  The attention you receive during pregnancy can be a very good thing! :smileyhappy:

How about you?  What do you love about pregnancy?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 1:30pm

I absolutely love everythin about bein pregnant! Even when I've been up durin the night with back ache and indigestion n my sciatica is bad and i'm constipated n everythin else you get with pg, I still wouldn't change a thing!

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 4:39pm

hmmm. having somewhat free reign on what to eat, feeling the baby kick. thats about it lol. i didnt love it the first time around, and its even harder this time. it makes working difficult, and with a 3yo, im tired all the time and dont get any naps like i did the first time lol. plus, there are trying days i could really use a drink, and thats out of the question lol. WAHHH! im a whiner lol

springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 6:29pm

I agree with Leila- even with all the discomforts of pregnancy, it's just part of it and totally worth it! I love seeing the +HPT! I love seeing the heartbeat flicker at 6 weeks. I love feeling the baby move. I love listening to the heartbeat on the home doppler and in office. I love seeing the baby on the ultrasound all four times and sharing that experience with DH. I love the roundness of my belly- the pregnant look. I love the attention I get from DH, in laws, family, friends, and at work- all positive. I love reading about each week of pregnancy as I experience it. I love taking belly shots each week and comparing (we're hoping to do a photo collage of all the belly shots). I love how courteous everyone is (even strangers) like holding open doors, carrying heavy things, or letting me pick the food we're going to eat b/c I have a particular craving. I love maternity clothes for style and comfort. I love having more free reign over what/how much I eat. I love the conversations regarding the nursery, baby decor, parenting once he gets here, etc.

Plus, with this being our first, we're still looking forward to parenting classes (start in two weeks), DH feeling the baby move, baby shower, maternity photos, and of course seeing our baby.

I'm sure there's a lot more,  but pregnancy has been good to me, particularly after two losses, so I'll take the discomforts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers