Halfway Mark Ladies...

iVillage Member
Halfway Mark Ladies...
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 6:59pm

Post here when you hit the halfway mark!

How are you feeling?

What are you having and what's the baby's name?  How do you feel about what you're having?

What was your family's reaction to what you're having?

How big is your baby?

What was the heart rate?

Are you having any cravings or find yourself eating healthier?

Have you bought any baby gear yet?

Anything else you'd like to share?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 7:17pm

I've been having heartburn, headaches, backaches, and getting tired really easy. I think part of that is because I've been busy getting my classroom ready, so just wore myself out. Although, DH did a lot of the work this year. So thankful for him!

I am having a son- Richard "Ricky" Golden (Due: January 3). We wanted a daughter after seeing our two cousins interaction with their daughters. Now, I totally couldn't imagine it the other way. I was anticipating a boy the whole time because we did want a girl so bad... that's usually how it works out. DH has already been talking all the stuff he plans on doing with his son. He said he finds me incredibly womanly that I was able to give him a son. Of course, all grandparents are happy, especially the grandpas.

I had my dad open a blue picture frame of the profile from the ultrasound that we had wrapped like a gift and he cried! Which was funny because he already has all grandsons and two step-grand daughters. The in-laws didn't understand until I told them that it was a blue picture frame and MIL said, "Oh, no I was hoping it was a girl. Now we have to return some things." FIL just laughed. I don't really know what he would have did with granddaughter because he's a manly man.

Our baby was measuring 12 oz at our appointment at 19 weeks 5 days, so I'm sure he's close to a pound by now. Every website I go do said average is 10oz, so DH was like what can we do so he's not a 10lb baby and I was like eat more salad, so it looks like I will be eating  a lot of veggies from here on out.

Our baby's heart rate was 146 at the ultrasound appointment.

I've been craving more sweet stuff than anything else.

I bought a green camoflauge onesie! So excited. I got it at Hobby Lobby. They had matching pants that I may have to go back and get. I also got some recordable story books.

I had open house at school today and announced my pregnancy, the gender, name, and due date by wearing a blue shirt and printed Baby on Board sign to the belly with the baby's name and due date. Everyone was so excited for me. There was one parent who was concerned about who the sub was going to be while I was gone. I'm sure that comes from the fact that the kindergarten teacher had a baby at the end of last school year, so she missed the last month of school. And.. I'll miss a couple of months in the middle of the year. The parents were surprised I was 5 months/20 weeks because they said I wasn't very big. I guess a good thing considering how big the baby is. I'm sure part of that is since it's my first. My cousin said she didn't really start showing until 6 months.  

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 1:35pm

How are you feeling? actually pretty good except my back has been hurting more and ive been feeling bloated after eating normal sized meals.

What are you having and what's the baby's name?  How do you feel about what you're having? a boy...not sure on the first name yet but the middle name is robert...im excited and happy-i already have 2 girls.

What was your family's reaction to what you're having?my oldest dd was excited, my youngest wanted a girl so she was not as excited and my dh was over the moon.

How big is your baby? at the ultrasound-9 ounces but that was 2 weeks ago-hes probably bigger now...maybe a pound already??

What was the heart rate? at the ultrasound-139. before that-160 and 148. i go on friday.

Are you having any cravings or find yourself eating healthier? have had a few cravings-im been eating a lot more eggs-i did that with my last one. i havent really changed my eating habits.

Have you bought any baby gear yet?i have some stuff from my sister and i have some stuff left over from before...i havent gone out and bought anything yet though.

Anything else you'd like to share?not much-been having heartburn really bad already. and this baby is hyper. lol he moves almost all the time!

joanne

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 6:05pm

I can relate the back pain and bloating, lol. So happy for you that you got your boy! What's the ages of your daughters? I was six when my brother was born and he was like my baby, lol. Our baby is really active, too. He's most active after I eat, when I'm laying down, or when I'm talking a lot... which, I like because I feel likes he's responding to my voice. I hope all goes well at your appointment!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:33am

How are you feeling? Tired. Uncomfortable already.

What are you having and what's the baby's name? Girl. Sydney Raegan.

How do you feel about what you're having? Great. 1 of each so I am DONE.

What was your family's reaction to what you're having? Overly enthused lol

How big is your baby? Big enough? lol

What was the heart rate? 156 last time

Are you having any cravings or find yourself eating healthier? Eh, just as always I guess. Eating more.

Have you bought any baby gear yet? Few things

Anything else you'd like to share? I am done lol I love my babies but I dont ever want to be pregnant again. I forgot how painful it is for me. I was 26 last time and 31 this time. I cant take my anti-inflammatories for my arthritus so Im so achey all day everyday.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-01-2012 - 8:48am

Sorry you're having such a rough time with your pregnancy, but like you said, at least you have one of each! Beautiful name for your daughter. Our baby measured 12 oz at 19 weeks 5 days and I believe average should have been 9-10oz at that point, so a little big. I think he should be around a pound right now.

I teach first grade and I announced my pregnancy to the whole school during open house. So, my students have been asking lots of questions, like is he kicking? Is he hungry? How big is he? Yesterday, I told them he was the size of a ruler and they got all wide eyed (thinking it was big), so they asked how big he's going to get and I said about twice that, so like two rulers. They are so cute!

I hope you're not too achy the rest of your pregnancy and you're able to enjoy it more, especially if this is your last.