January 1- January 8

iVillage Member
January 1- January 8
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 5:38pm

This is a way to connect with ladies having similar experiences that are due the same week.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 7:02pm

Yeah, basic stuff for the baby kinda goes without saying or in this case registering for. I'm sure we'll be loaded up with diapers too. At least the showers I have been to people are. I think it's nice that your mom is throwing you a sprinkle. I've never heard of that. Do a lot of people go to those for people who have already had showers? People where I live (Ohio) or at least in our family definitely would not go for something like that. They've talked about people who've had more than one shower. Baby stuff is expensive and especially if you have your children further spaced apart, like you said things expire, so you have to update your baby gear.

I love your Halloween costume idea! I think we may have to sell our murder mystery costumes (I pieced different items together to make the costume and it only cost about $20) b/c no one else seems to be into this year, which is kind of sad because we're the one going through a remodel and with a baby on the way. We're still into it, but everyone else is being tight with money this year. It's a little frustrating b/c we've done this for three years in row and now no one seems to want to do it. The Batgirl costume worked out well though.

DH changed his anniversary gift idea since finding out we can make payments for dental work. He wants a watch to start a watch collection. hehe. We don't celebrate any holidays (we're not supposed to celebrate Halloween, but we kind of do at our cousins house). We won't let our children, though. It's a religion thing, we're not baptized members of our church, but we still believe/follow (for the most part) what they do. Once we're baptized, we'll  not do some of the things we do now- like Halloween. It's a non-denominational church that follows a lot of the Old Testament.  So, birthdays and anniversaries are all we have. We still celebrate our dating anniversary too since we were together for 8 1/2 years before we got married, but we just go to dinner for that one.

Your baby will probably move like crazy when you're at the concert. My baby has been moving all the time now. It cool/awesome to see/feel, but when he moves both sides of my stomach it kind of is freaky. I haven't seen a hand or foot yet, so kind of looking forward to that, too.

I told DH that by Halloween the baby is supposed to be about 3lbs. I feel like I am carrying more than that. People keep saying how big I am, but I am all belly- haven't gained anywhere else. One woman asked when I was due today because she said I was carrying low. I said around the first of the year and she said you must be having a big baby then. He's always sat low. I'm not sure if it's because he's a boy, he'll come early, or it's just the way he lays.

I've been looking into natural birthing techniques. I just finished Hypnobirthing. I'm going to read Natural Childbirth The Bradley Method next. I also am going to start pre-natal yoga, practice breathing, and practice labor positions. I plan to have low lights, nature type music, and lavendar scent (calming scent) in the room. I'm going to call the hospital to see if they offer a birthing stool as labor support and purchase yoga ball for support, too.

That's good to know that I had a realistic expectation about the baby weight. Hopefully nursing helps too. I have to motivate myself to work out, but if I have a goal to work towards (energy or not) then it's easier for me. April is our anniversary of when we first got together (12 years), so if I can get down to pre-baby weight by then I'll be happy.

I'm glad cutting your hours worked out better for you. I'd take off the first of December if I were you. If anything, it may be a good time for you and your daughter to bond before the baby comes.

It's definitely getting harder/I'm more tired at work myself. I was planning to start my November plans today, but I got a new student, so I didn't get anything done because I was scrambling find her books, supplies, desk, etc. that she needed. I have conferences this week too, so I know I'm going to be wiped by the end of the week. I probably won't even get to my November plans until next week, but then next week is my formal observation, doctors apt (nothing to do with school, but still), and our parenting class (again, nothing to do with school, but yet another thing to throw into the mix).  Ugh, I'm exhausted just thinking about everything I have to do just to get ready for all of that.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:08am

yes, you will definitely get onesies and all that lol. i made a registry, my mom was like, "you should make one in case people want to buy you things". in other words, shes throwing me some sort of shower. she calls it a sprinkle lol. they sprinkle you with gifts instead of shower you lol. mostly you get clothes. i figured out that we have to buy a new car seat, which im bummmed about. just dont really want to spend the money, but the expiration date on DD's is dec 2012, so its a no go. i wanted to get a new stroller anyway because hers didnt hold up well, and its girly. so, i found a travel system i like. it says its only available in store, and they dont have it in our local BRU, of course. that happened with DD too. i found one i loved and then it was discontinued. im not a fan of really babyish designs/patterns. and i want something neutral. just in case i do have another baby lol. the one i found is like, gray and black. other than that, i put a new bath sling, some hooded towels, some toys and crib sheets. i want to put a new humidifier on there, i just dont know which one to pick. i put a few clothing items on there, but not alot because people dont generally go by your registry for outfits anyway. everything else we can reuse. crib, pack n play, swing etc. none of that stuff is girly at all. my mom is making the bedding, so i dont have to worry about that. we have the bassinet in our room still from DD, it hold laundry thats waiting to be folded or blankets most of the time lol. 

i am going to be a skeleton for halloween. i have a black tank top that i got an iron on transfer thats a ribcage and a baby skeleton. ive had that since midsummer lol, i love that shirt. so i bought white duct tape and im gonna make bones to put on the sleeves of a black shirt and the legs of black pants. i pretty much always dress up. last year, DD was snow white and i was the wicked queen lol. shes being minnie mouse this year. she went to disney with my mom a couple weeks ago and came home with a halloween minnie costume. its an orange dress with big sparkly black polka dots. sooo cute!

we dont usually do anniversary gifts, we just go to dinner. my bday is in november and i told DH i want tickets to this concert the first week of december. i know, im crazy lol. im gonna be sooo pregnant but i dont care. everytime this band comes around, we can never go. and being 8 months pregnant isnt a good enough reason for me not to go. lol the venue is small and there are places to sit. so one is going to not give me a seat lol.  

i am also up about 20 lbs. its depressing :/ they say 9 months up, 9 months down. but, alot of the weight is baby. they say between the baby and all the fluid its like, 20-25 lbs or soemthing. so, it shouldnt be too hard to lose it in 3 months. but, those first few months home are exhausting. its going to be hard to excersise. especially with it being january, its not like you can jsut go out for a walk, ya know? im a little worried about that. im a very lay person, lol. i really have to forcce myself to work out. im hoping that i can just lose with diet in the beginning.

as far as everything else, its going ok. im so glad i cut my hours at work, what a difference!!! i wasnt making it 8 hours anymore.  is just enough lol. its getting into the home stretch. ive pretty much declared dec 1 as my last day. im playing it by ear, depending on how i feel, i might stay another week or two, but i highly doubt it. im excited to take DD to see the nutcracker this year. shes never been but she LOVES to watch ballet. she has since she was a baby. we took her to SIL's dance recital when she was just like a year old and she just stared, and mimiced the ballet dancers arm movements lol. shes in dance classes this year, and she loves it. so i think shes going to really really love seeing a real ballet. ive started my christmas shopping, i have 3 presesnts for DD. 2 things i have to make, but one is a toy lol. im making her dolls that you cut out and sew together and then stuff. and im making her a play makeup set. ive been saving my empty makeup contianers and im going to get cheap nail polish and pour it in there and let it dry. i bought a wooden box im going to paint to put it all in. as far as the rest of my shopping, i think im going to be crafty this year and make a lot of stuff. we have lots of people we buy for, and i think im going to like, make candy and put it in mason jars that ill paint with pretty christmas designs. i just never know what to get for people lol. then i end up giving them like, a candle holder or something boring, ya know? i just know i dont want to have a ton of shopping to do come december!

springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 4:42pm

I did try not to register for onsies, blankets, diapers, wipes, pacis, etc. b/c that kind of stuff I figured people would get anyway. I do have some bigger items on my registery, but I was using it more as a guideline, so I still knew what I had to buy after the shower. Obvisouly, we're buying the crib and stroller. Someone already bought the bouncy and swing. The only other two big items on our register are the pack and play and high chair (which we won't need right away anyway). I know my mom got so excited she started buying bigger things before I even registered. She told me two things (apparently she got a lot) the baby monitor and bassinet/co-sleeper, but we won't be using either, so we'll be returning those to go toward a gift card for things we will use. As much as I want to buy the stroller, since we're remodeling the bedroom too, we probably won't even buy it until mid December.

We have a murder mystery party and Halloween to plan for and both need costumes. DH already has his Karate Kid costume for the 80's murdery party and his Michael Meyers for Halloween. I'm Cindi Lauper for 80's theme murder mystery and I have the wig, gloves, and jewlry, but having a hard time finding clothes for it being pregnant. I'm going to be batgirl for Halloween, so I'll probably just order in the plus size section for that- no biggie.

Our 3rd annniversary is the Wednesday after our shower. I told DH I want two pair of earrings and he wants dental work... he's always so practical with his gifts, but whatever he wants, he'll get. I still may sneak him a watch or wallet or something.

That's good advice and a good way of handling that. Hopefully that shuts people up, lol. I can understand you taking advice from MIL then.

I up about 20lbs now... so sad :smileysad: I hope I don't gain too much more. I want to be able to lose most of the weight in the first threee months after, so I hope I'm being practical about that.

How's everything else going for you?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:10pm

yeah, its tough. but it is what it is. 

i would definitely wait until after your shower. youre going to get a ton of stuff. i opened presents at my shower for 2 hours lol. and you def wont need the stroller until the baby comes anyway lol

i could never be a teacher. i dont now how you can deal with any of that!! lol

one thing i can say. people will always tell you how to raise/handle your child. whether its friendly advice, or strongly asserted opinions. you just kind of have to smile and nod and say something like "ill have to try that" or "i never thought of that" and move on. just keep in mind, they really do think they are helping lol.

my MIL was a labor/delivery nurse for like 20 years (and has 6 children) so i tend to take her advice when it comes to babies lol

ive never heard of the binding thing. i didnt really do anything special. weight watchers lol. im going to go right back as soon as im allowed.

the epidural seems super scary, but its really not too bad. i didnt really labor, and then ended up with the c section so i never had to do any heavy laboring or pushing. i def thought about the whole squatting thing, but i never looked into anything special for the nonmedicinal pain management.

i cant imagine having to go through losses, so im sure that makes a big difference in how you are dealing with being pregnant. im toooooottallyyy over it lol

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 6:38am

Aw, that must be hard to be away from DH when he's working so much. At least on the bright side, his money will help buy baby stuff you still need.

It's been hard for me to resist buying baby stuff. I really want the stroller now! DH wants me to wait until after the shower b/c our bedroom is mess right now- in the middle of a re-model to prepare for the baby, so we won't have anywhere to put baby stuff until after our shower.

Yeah, it sounds like a good plan in principle, but I always feel/have felt like my principal tries to push me out of my job. I don't want to leave on those terms, but she's always making negative remarks and I never hear anything positive from her. Yesterday, I had lunch duty and it's for 100 kids (1 teacher w/100 kids), so it can get pretty loud. Well, they had a special cookie treat, so it was really loud. I turned off the lights to get their attention, which only worked for about half of them anyway and I yelled twice that they were two loud (I can't even yell that loud anyway). The secretary, who was collecting money for milk, even yelled and they couldn't hear her b/c they talked right after her. The principal came in and asked me if I needed to take a break b/c they weren't that loud, to which I responded yes they were. I even had a couple of kids who were putting their hands over the ears to block out the noise. She eventually blew her whistle (so don't tell me they weren't too loud). They were chatting so much that when they were dismissed for recess two grades had to stay behind b/c they didn't finish their lunch- ridiculous! I brought it to one teacher's attention, who's on "compliant committee" to bring it to our principals attention to say something to the student body about them eating vs. talking so much/loud, so when they are dismissed they are ready to go. Needless to say, I get paid for Jan and Feb, but I'd have to budget if I want to be off during March (and come back after spring break). Otherwise, I have to make my mind up by the beg. of Feb if I am staying home with this one or not, so DH has time to find a job.

That's so sad about MIL. I don't really have issues with my MIL, but more my mom. If anything, I just hope people don't tell us what to do when our child is concerned, which I do anticipate especially from MIL. I usually bring something to DH attention and he addresses it with his mom, so her and I don't have a rift, but I think when our child is concerned, I will speak up. I can see her saying something about him being too cold/too hot, etc.

I think DH is excited about one, he's an only child. He'd like two just so their are siblings. I guess if I had one of each, I may change my perspective about having a third, but we'll see. I always said four, then changed it to three, but it would be hard for me feeling complete as a mother of two if I always saw myself with a little bigger family.

I'm hoping I won't have to buy too much stuff when I'm pregnant next time, especially maternity clothes, since I want to lose all the baby weight then some. Online shopping is very easy and convenient- I love it!

Did you do the binding/corset last pregnancy? I was thinking about doing it b/c other cultures do it and it's supposed to help you shrink down pre-pregnancy weight faster.

We had our Labor and Delivery Class part 1 last night- DH closed his eyes during the video. I am so terrified of the epidural, but DH doesn't think I'll be able to tolerate the pain and he doesn't want to see me in unnecessary pain. I think I may look into Hypnobirthing. Plus, the squatting position seems to be the easiest one vs. laying down fighting gravity.

I know what you mean about being tired- I've been falling asleep b/w 7-8 and waking up at 6am. I officially have my lesson plans/copies planned through October. My observation is this month too, woohoo- NOT!  Now I have to start working on November and December, so I can work on my sub lesson plans.   

I can relate about moving taking away from the baby, but at least once it's finished... it's finished. We have so much stuff in our hallway (out of the bedroom) to get ready for the remodel, which probably won't even begin for another week. But it's really hard for me to navigate with a big pregnant belly and I still have to put up with it for another month. DH is working so hard though- that's why I love him being home. I feel like he gets so much more done being home then I ever would b/c he can work on things that I can't pregnant or not.

We just got my car worked on, so it's one less expense after the baby comes, but now I think my muffler is loose b/c it's sounding really loud. DH and I decided that we're going to buy a 50" TV during Black Friday too b/c that's the only thing we need to finish off the living room (we remodeled over the summer).

Yes, 90 days does feel like enough time- b/c I want to see my baby, but dreading the labor... but NO b/c there's still so much to do. I think there will always be something to do though it was the same way talking DH into TTC- we kept putting it off (finding excuses), then when we were ready to try we miscarried twice, so we're definitely ready to have our baby now! I hope this baby isn't a 9-10lb baby when he comes b/c everyone keeps commenting how  huge I am for 27 weeks, which I would never do to a pregnant person.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 9:23pm

thanks! haha yes, positioning is interesting. but, like you say i dont think dh has anything to complain about.

i feel so bad for him, hes been working 7 days and after work during the week. and weve been having plumbing issues so hes trying to fix that. i miss him lol. i feel like we never see each other. 

that sounds like a good plan for you to be home after the 2nd. it sounds like it will work out well.

my MIL changed her mind because she wanted to "punish" us for hurting her feelings. which she had no reason to feel hurt the way she did. she acted like a child, and does not want to realize the world doesnt revolve around her.  its a loooooong story. 

haha yes, we have always said 3 is our max, but im thinking 2 is good. maybe if we had a bigger place i would feel differently. 

i bought a lot of things online when i was pg with dd, but im trying not to buy a ton of things this time. and online shopping is so easy!!! hahhaha 

i just went through the book at work and cut my hours back, so thats good but it wont really be in effect for a week or 2 because i already had appointments on the book. its just getting really really hard. im sooo tired at the end of the day.

as far as everything else, eh. like i said, dh is working constantly. so nothing that needs to get done around the house "getting ready for baby wise" is. but theres not a whole lot i can do about it. im trying to organize and condense as much of our house as i can. but really, this whole wall moving project is going to be a freaking nightmare. i dont even know where to begin. it makes the whole baby thing alot less excting :smileysad: but im trying to stay positive. im hoping the project will go smoothly and that it can be done before the baby gets here. 

this whole plumbing issue we are having the last week is a serious pain. dh has tried to fix it, but its always like, in the dark at night. not a whole lot he can do. im going to have to call the office tomorrow. and they will do everything in their power to make this our fault. ugh. so lots of stress. 

im over being pregnant, but at the same time, 100 days isnt enough lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 6:03pm

Happy early Anniversary! I hear the term tag team a lot and especially when it comes to two kids that you each kind of take one, but it's when you have three or more that you're outnumbered...

Coming up with different positioning, etc. is interesting to say the least. DH has been very patient- although, I'm still pretty good to him considering I work full time, come home and cook (and do laundry), and still take care of my wifely duties :smileywink: Not to the extent I usually do, but he's definitely satisfied...

I would love to talk him into working from home, but I'm not sure how hard it will be for me being away from the baby/pumping at work vs. how hard it would be for him trying to work from home and take care of a baby. If I can just finish this school year and do next school year, I would stay home once we have our 2nd b/c that would give me five years of teaching and then I'm sure five years home. That would be a good way for me to take classes or something while I am home and then switch from private to public school to make more money.

It would be hard for you husband to be a stay at home dad. Plus, not everyone could do it. I can see DH doing it with one, but not two (unless he really enjoyed it). He's the type of person that needs more stimulation/adult environment vs. being with kids all day, which is what I already do- just with everyone else's kids.

I wonder why your MIL changed her mind- that does put you in a situation. That's funny that your husband wants another and has to talk you into it, usually it's the other way around (like in my case, even though our first is still in progress).

I bought all my clothes online, it gets rid of the awkwardness of trying things on in the store and luckily everything I bought, fits. It helped a ton that my cousin had a dress I could borrow. I wouldn't even worry about going for maternity dress- to me, they just make you look bigger. Look for something that doesn't even have a zipper, but is flowy and you can put on over your head. The dress she let me borrow was from New York and Company and wasn't a maternity dress.

How's everything else going?

We have our next parenting class Thursday. We set up  FB page for our shower invites and we're hand delivering paper invites tomorrow. We registered at Target for baby stuff. I have a reunion to go to this weekend and it's the first time extended family has seen me pregnant and I'll be 26 weeks, so I'm sure there will be a lot of comments (hopefully nice), pics, and belly rubs. I have all my lesson plans done through the month of Oct. I'm going to work on making copies tomorrow. Then, I'm going to start on Nov, so not too bad. I'm just trying to give myself time to work on sub plans during Nov, so trying to work ahead. Other than all of that, we have 100 days today until our due date and I've been feeling Ricky move and see it from the outside and while it's cool it's also a little weird (like the movie Alien).

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 4:24pm
Thats great that youve been around babies and kids, it really does take some of the fright out of the newness of the baby lol.
thats awesome you can live with your inlaws like that. I couldnt do it lol. Dh and I are in a similar relationship situation. Weve known each other since 8th grade and always had friends in common. We started dating right before senior year and have been together even since! We just had our 13 year anniversary and our 6 year wedding anniversary is next month :smileyhappy:
Some things will def change. Your time is no longer your own, and you have to tag team lol. But, I find our sex life is better now (well not now now because im so not interested, totally opposite from my pregnancy with dd) but in this stage of life. Just gotta keep things interesting. :smileyhappy: its all about having the bedroom not be a parental place lol.
That would be great if he could work from home. My dh wouldnt do it lol. But hes in construction and wouldnt be happy at home all the time. Idk what in gonna do about childcare this time around. With dd, my mil watched her but shes not interested this time around. So, ill probly have to just work evenings and saturdays.
I think I may be done after this baby. He keeps saying im gonna want another and that hes willing to try for a third. I feel like 2 is enough. I dont want to be out numbered. Well have one of each lol. I think thats good. weve always said 3 wsd an absolute max. And had this been a girl, I would have been all for it. But we will see.
Clothes shopping while pregnant is torture. I hate it. We have a wedding in october and I have no clue what im gonna wear. I guess I should figure that out lol. At least someone had a dress you could borrow!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 6:57am

That's good to hear about diapering and bathing- one of the titles of the classes said, "Baby Basics," so I figured that would be the one. I'm the middle child and do have 5 nephews and 2 nieces (one due in November) from 0-5. Our baby will be youngest one though. I'm 28 and DH is 30 and other then his two cousin's kids in the past couple of years, he hasn't been around kids much. My first job in college was at a daycare and then a before and after school program before becoming a teacher, so between family and my experience, I have been around a lot of kids. That's good advice about putting the clean diaper under the old one. I've been looking into changing pads (to take with you) for the baby, too. Diaper tables are convenient because everything is right there.

Yep, a boy! I'm so nervous about changing a boy diaper. I already told DH we're going to have to get those pee clothes that go over him, lol. All of my sisters have been peed on by their sons. I think I am most nervous about cleaning the circumcision- yes we decided to go that route. There wasn't really conversation about it other than that was what we were doing.

I've been looking online for things I need to register for. I going to register for a lot that way what I don't get I can go back and get off my list. I've been looking into those baths with slings. And.. the pack and play with the infant sleeper- love those! You can only sponge bathe the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and the circumcision heals, right? I believe someone told me to start with the hands too, is that right?

We live in a two family house with the in-laws downstairs. We do share a kitchen and basement (laundry room with them). I'd like to have more of our own space, but it works because we all four take turns cooking and eat together 3-4x/week. Our space upstairs is limited to a living room, bedroom, bathroom, hallway, and attic. DH grew up on the second floor with his aunt and cousins living downstairs. They had their bedroom in the attic, so technically we could do that to give the baby his own room. But right now, he will be in our room until we have another little one. Then, we'll either move our room upstairs to the attic or move the living room downstairs (take over more of the in-laws space, but still have it divided somewhat if that makes sense) and put our bedroom across from the kids' bedroom, which makes more sense to me. This is only a temporary situation until the house is paid off in the next few years. Then, we're going to sell it and split the money since we've all been paying into it, so we can get our own properties. I do love living so connected to the in laws, but it would be nice to have more of our own space.

Dh and I are a little spoiled. We've been together for 11 1/2 years and married going on three in November. He's used to it just being us. We eat together, sleep together, and shower together everyday. Obviously, everything else. He's my best friend and was before we started dating, so we have a pretty solid foundation. I guess with the baby being in our room, it'll make it more tricky to be intimate, but we still have the shower, living room, or we could move the baby to the living room so we could have the bedroom. We're not letting him sleep in our bed. Baby Ricky will definitely have his own crib with a pack and play in the living room. I guess his biggest fear is me being in mommy mode and not being as open to things as I have been. I don't know if that makes sense. He basically doesn't want a dull sex life because I am a mommy.  And.. of course, if I want more babies, I really have to step up my game, so he doesn't get completely turned off, lol.

I really want him to stay home for the first kid, so I can continue to work w/o being forced out of my job, which I love. He works from home, so it's not like it would be inconvenient for him. But, it's just a matter of talking him into b/c of what society expects of the man to do. He'd still be working, but from home, but others wouldn't see it that way. Honestly, if I can talk him into doing it for the first two, then I'd stay home with the third. The first two, we want to have pretty close together, and a space of 2-3 between the second and third, so all in all I'd be home as long as he would vs. me being home the whole time.  

I went shopping for dresses to wear to the wedding on Saturday. Ugh, I look so pregnant. At least it's all belly. I couldn't find something I liked, but my cousin lent me a regular dress that is polyester, cuts just below the bust w/a ribbon to tie around the back, and flairs out at the bottom. Who knew I could wear regular dresses depending on the style/fit. Of course, it didn't have a zipper, it was one of those pull over ones, but too cute. She got it at New York and Company. I'm going to have to go dress shopping now, lol and I am not a big dress person.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:29am

if i remember correcty, the class we took did cover diapering and bathing lol. that part was nice referesher for us, we both are the the oldest kids in our families. hes the oldest of 6, (hes 30, then, 28, 26, 21, 19, 6) and im the oldest of 3, im 30, my brother is 28 my sister is 18. so we definitely both had been around babies. theres always little things you dont know or wouldnt think of. or a tip the teacher gives you. diaper advice: put the new clean diaper under the old dirty one (unless its an especially poopy one) that way, if they pee, it just goes on the new diaper and not all over the changing table lol. and have everything ready. wipes open, cream if needed, open (which btw, i totally reccomend budreauxs butt paste). it gets easier the more you do it. :smileyhappy:

youre having a boy, right? im nervous about changing a boy diaper, as that something i never have done. i have all these little baby boys cousins, but its just never happened that i needed to change them lol. my one cousin always says, when you open their diaper, if their little weewee is hard, close the diaper back up lmao that means theyre gonna pee haha! bathing the baby is pretty easy. make sure you register for a sling bath chair. its like, mesh on a wire frame. best thing ever! so much better than those foam things. i never used one of those little baby baths though. the best advice i can give you is make sure you get in all the crevices lol. its amazing the places a baby will gather debris. under the chin especially. 

dh and i are having a little debate/disagreement about circumcision. i say do it, he says no. i feel like thats whats normal. and i dont want lil murphy to feel different than all the other boys. my dh is circumcised, so i really dont understand why hes against it. he just says, its not necessary. i think it seems more sanitary.... idk i think were going to have to read up on it before we make a real decision. 

as far as your relationship, it will change but it will be an amazing awesome change. having a baby together is so intimate. to know that the two of you made this amazing little human, is just incredible. the most important thing is to make sure you still spend time together just the two of you. go on dates. even if its just a dinner. you have to feel like a couple, and not just parents. for dh and i, a big rule for us was that we didnt cosleep with dd. were naked (or next to) sleepers, and with a baby in the bed, thats hard. neither one of us believe in it, so that made that decision a lot easier. but it really helped our sex life once we got the ok from the dr. its much easier to be intimate when you know theres not going to be a baby ending up in your bed at some point. it keeps the bedroom as a romantic place. even now, dd is 3 and shes allowed to come in the bed in the morning, but if she gets up in the night, we put her in her own bed. the only exception is when shes sick.

Pages