Vbac buddies

iVillage Member
Vbac buddies
Sat, 07-07-2012 - 1:09am
Is anyone else a vbac hopeful? I had 2 very successful quick vaginal deliveries. Then my 3rd baby failed her NST and scored a 2/10 on her bpp during a routine 37 week dr appt and I was dilated to a 4 but not actively contracting so I bought myself a c-section. I thank GOD every day that I had an appt that day. I don't even want to think what could have happened to her if I hadn't been seen until the next day. But this time around I am really wanting a Vbac. My OB allows it. However he insists on an epi. I'm hoping to compromise with him and get the epi catheter placed but no drugs through it unless its an emergency. I also am praying baby will be fine this time... If its a repeat of last time then there will be no vbac. I want a healthy baby first and foremost. But this is my last. I really want to do this on my own terms. I've had two very scary experiences and a nicu stay with the last one. I just want it to smoothly. So I'd love to hear any vbac stories and also commisserate with any vbac hopefuls.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 2:16pm

hello!! so im right there with you. my first was a pretty quick vaginal delivery...then my second. she refused to turn. i tried to tell the doctor, family members and friends that what was pressing into my rib cage was too round to be a foot or a butt. everyone told me that i was wrong. until i was in active labor and they did a quick ultrasound and nope-mommy was right. she was 100% breech-she kicked the doctor every time he examed me!! LOL they dont turn babies-it was a c section or nothing. honestly, it wasnt that bad. recovery time was a lil rougher than i expected but it really wasnt horrible. my doctor told me there is no reason to think i cant have a vbac. ive talked to him about inducing and again-he sees no problems with it. so i guess im going to try. ive also been entertaining the idea of doing it without pain meds. my sister told me that the stuff in the epidural makes you itch now. im thinking if thats true-i dont want to feel like i have mosquito bites all over my body while im in labor...my sister in law, mother and friends who have gone without pain meds all want me to try natural. so we'll see about that...
joanne

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 12:36am
My doc is insisting I get an epidural in case i end up with an emergent c/s. I had the terrible itching last time to. It's the fentanyl in the epi that does it. I'll just ask for nalbuphine to treat the itching this time. Really hope we all get our vbacs! I hated the recovery with the c/s. the pain was so awful

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers