Week 17 pregnancy buddies

iVillage Member
Week 17 pregnancy buddies
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 4:15pm

What symptoms are you gals still experiencing?

Have you felt the baby move yet?

When do you find out what you're having?

Are you having any cravings?

Anything else you'd like to share?

Still feeling nauseous if I go too long without eating. I have heartburn every night and sometimes during the day. I get headaches sometimes, too.

I have felt the baby move since 14 weeks, but not consistently.

I will find out at 20-22 weeks, sometime b/w August 16-30, but if I can get the appointment around my work schedule, I'm hoping it'll be August 17 (I'll schedule it at my next appointment on August 6).

I have various cravings that change. I was craving eggs, sausage and toast one morning. Then that night, I was craving Lucky Charms. Sometimes, I crave a specific restraunt, like I have to have Ruby Tuesday salad bar, which is so crazy for me since I had so many aversions 1st trimester.

My husband has been having symptoms along with me: bloating, heartburn, cravings, etc. It's so funny that he's having symptoms too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 6:58am
I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms so far during this pregnancy. What made me originally think I was having a girl was the random pimples popping up everywhere including my chest. last week I started to feel extra exhausted during the morning and dizzy.

Oh yea baby girl kicks and punches lol actually at the ultrasound friday, I could see her little hand moving and felt that she was punching me.

Well dh and I went last friday july 27. The appt was an hour long. As soon as the tech noticed the legs were open, I saw the girl parts lol there is no way little boy parts were hidden. I didn't even see the cord. I was 17 weeks 5 days.

I want everything, but I'm still craving spicy food. Last week it was baked potatoes and peach jolly ranchers.

Oh yea and let me say that my body is soo sore omg!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 2:23pm

Have you felt the baby move yet?

When do you find out what you're having?

Are you having any cravings?

Anything else you'd like to share?

hello!! so i still gag and cough every morning. before i eat. i have yet to actually throw up but i feel like im going to. this morning i came close to losing my breakfast-but that was because i was getting the garbage cans and they were especially fragrant this morning. i have been having headaches too-but i think its from being tired or from the a/c. central air does funky stuff to me and my sister. it makes my sister have breathing issues, it gives me headaches. or the headaches are because of the pregnancy-like i said im not sure. im also really irritable-but im bipolar and off my meds.

i have felt movements off and on since week 12. i have felt more and more as the pregnancy progresses. this week especially. last night, i was up at 3 am-so was the baby. it was a nice feeling-i didnt feel lonely-lol.

we hopefully find out what we're having august 7th. even if the baby is being a stubborn butt-and wont show us the goods-i cant wait to see the lo.

i have had a few cravings. yesterday i had to have poached eggs. we had no eggs. i was so set on having eggs, i was going to walk to 7-11 and get some. i know i would have paid like $3.50 for a dozen but i didnt care! lol but i ate cereal and then later went to the store and ended up having poached eggs for dinner! i had french onion soup the other day which was REALLY tasting good. the weird thing is-i dont want chicken. i love chicken-i was eating chicken all the time-usually every day. not now. i dont want chicken. the problem is-we have a freezer full and i have to decide what to have for dinner!!! LOL weve been eating a lot of anything thats not chicken!! LOL

nothing really else...im enjoying this pregnancy. im trying to do as much as i can-last week i was running on about 4-5 hours a sleep so i could help out at vacation bible school and i was still working until 12 most nights. then saturday, we went to a family reunion and i spent so much time in the sun, got another 5 hours of sleep and kept going the next morning/day. then i slept for 10 hours that night!! LOL my mom, sister in law and sister keep yelling at me to take it easy but i feel good. so im going to do stuff while i can before i get too big.
joanne

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:23pm

It's funny that you said that about chicken because chicken is my favorite food, especially KFC chicken. I cannot eat it being pregnant- it doesn't smell or taste the same and actually makes me nauseous. I can eat it in Chinese food, but that's the only form. I cannot eat eggs in any form right now either.

I've been doing so bad on my craving by giving into them and it's all junky-sweet food. Although, tonight I was craving pulled BBQ, so definitely have to put that on the grocery list for next week.

The headaches could be from the air or pregnancy, but I'd say if your sister is having problems with it too then that's probably what it is. I hope you're taking Tylenol to alleviate the headaches. I find my body temperature to be tempermental going comfortable/a little chilly to hot, but we have air conditioners not centeral air.  

I started feeling the baby move pretty early on, too, but I was 14 weeks and it was inconsistent. The past week, I've been feeling it several times throughout the day- particularly when I eat my sugary cravings or lay down. I officially look pregnant, but I still need to get maternity clothes- trying to make my regular clothes last as long as possible with the belly band.

So excited for you to be able to find out the gender of your baby! My next appointment is August 6 just for testing and then I'll schedule the gender ultrasound. I'm hoping it'll be August 17, but I have training that day, so unless they offer later appointments, I'll have to wait until August 21 (not too much longer). We REALLY want a girl since that's what we TTC, but would love a boy as well as long as it's healthy. It'll be nice to know the gender, so we stop calling the baby "it."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 12:54am

The list is long. Nausea, heartburn, cramping, fatigue, back ache, round ligament pains, restless legs, frequent urination
Have you felt the baby move yet? No :smileysad:
When do you find out what you're having? I am green team :smileyhappy: but my u/s is September 4th

Are you having any cravings? If its food I'll eat it. I'm starting to crave ice which makes me wonder if I'm becoming anemic again

Anything else you'd like to share? Being pregnant after a c/s is so different for me. I am noticing a lot of cramping and pain that I don't remember having before. My OB checked my cervix and it's fine. FFN was negative. So we are just assuming this cramping is from the c/a scar

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers