Back Pain

iVillage Member
Back Pain
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 5:04pm

The past week that I've been doing a lot of walking, I've had bad back pain. It seems to only happen if I'm doing too much. The other day we went to five stores and the mall, so that did it. Yesterday, we went to the flea market (like 12 buildings to go through) and that did it. Today I shopped at a free teacher store for two hours and that did it. I have to go back to my classroom to finish setting up on Wednesday and that'll take a few hours, so I'm sure that'll do it too.

Anyone else experiencing back pain? If so, any suggestions on how to help alleviate it? I have only gained 6lbs and based on what everyone around me is saying, I am carrying low and small.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: j8songrl
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 6:41am
I'm 20 weeks 3 days and I haven't had much back pain. Its prob your body telling you to slow down. You def need to listen to your body. With my son last year I had major back pain that I had to get checked out. The only way to help with that pain was to put pressure on that area. At my last appt which was a month ago I gained 10 pounds so far, I am alll belly. She's def low because I can feel her when she move which causes massive pressure.

Jayla
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:33pm

I suffered from alot of back pain with my last pg and found lyin on my side for a bit relieved it alot

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 9:08am
i've read that stretching, prenatal yoga and the like are good for sore backs. even more so than lying down. good luck if you give that a try!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 12:39am
I've had a lot of low crampy backpain. Scared me enough to go get checked. It was nothing. I think I might be doing to much also.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 9:41am

I've had back pain since I was 14 that comes and goes, but usually around PMS. I find being pregnant that my back hurts the most when I'm on my feet a lot. We started back school this week and I teach first grade, so I didn't have much of an opportunity to sit down and by the end of the day it was really hurting. I guess I need to try to take it as easy as I can. I hope you find some relief!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers