fainting?

iVillage Member
fainting?
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:59am

has anyone had any problems with fainting?

i'm not the fainting type.  the only time it's ever happened to me is after i gave blood (i'm right at the weight minimum and apparently need that extra pint). 

last night, i was in line at my favorite neopolitan pizza place.  it was a long line (40 min), and it was warm inside, but not crazy hot.  i started to get really warm, then my vision clouded and my hearing went all muffled.  i squatted down in line, held my hair from my neck and fanned myself, but i thought i was going down for sure.  not pleasant at all.  i managed to make it through the line and got a glass of ice water, which seemed to do the trick.  once i had a few sips of water, i got goose bumps, so it couldn't have been that warm in there (it was cooler than it was outside, anyway).

hopefully this will be the only time that happens.  any thoughts on what may have happened?

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
In reply to: noelsgal
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:25am
Yikes that's scary. I haven't fainted. But I've had a similar feeling if I wait to long to eat or I'm dehydrated. If let the doctor know jic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:47am

I often lose my vision when I stand from sittin, I just have to wait a few seconds and it comes back

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 6:12am

I would definitely ask your doctor about what could have triggered it and what you could do to prevent it. I did have a similar episode yesterday while teaching, but I just think it was because I was on my feet all day!

One of my best friends used to faint and get dizzy a lot when she was pregnant- it may just be there your blood pressure was low and you need to eat more frequently- even if it's just something like crackers.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 3:17pm
so sorry you have to deal with this regularly! makes me wonder if i'd have been alright if i'd been moving around instead of standing in a slow line? maybe it's more common than i thought... scary!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 2:08pm

hello! i dont know but i get that too. i cant even stand at church to pray. if i can move around, im good but standing in one place-forget it. i used to get that all the time when i was pregnant with my oldest. i used to cashier one day a week and almost passed out a couple of times. with this one and the one before it, i worked in a deli so that means i can move around. as long as i do that, im good. the other day, i was in line at kmart and almost went down-i had to squat down and practically sit on the floor so i didnt crash unto the floor. its those hormones i think. take care!!
JOANNE