FIRST TIME MOMMY

iVillage Member
FIRST TIME MOMMY
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 10:58pm

HI

I AM 23 YEARS OLD AND I AM EXPECTING TWINS IN A FEW WEEKS BUT I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME CONCERNS. I DONT FEEL THEM MOVE EVERYDAY...ONE DAY IT WAS GOING ON 5PM AND THEY HAVENT MOVED ALL DAY BUT WHEN I WENT TO THE ER TO CHECK ON THEM THEY WERE FINE :) IS IT BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING TO BIG AND THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO MOVE AROUND LIKE THEY USE TO OR IS THIS A SIGN THAT I AM GOING IN TO LABOR OR SOMETHING. MY DOCTOR SAID THAT ALL HIS YEARS OF WORKING THAT HE HASNT SEEN A WOMAN YET TO EVEN MAKE IT PAST 30 WEEKS WITH TWINS AND I AM 37 :) CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM REALLY SCARED.

Community Leader
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 1:57am

Congratulations on your twins! Being so close to the end, especially with twins, they will be very cramped for space. My little girl seems to go long periods of time without moving much now or she'll just give little nudges rather than the big movements she used to make, but if you are concerned you should keep going back to the ER. Don't feel like you can't go coz you went before and everythin was fine, you have to do what is necessary to keep yourself sane and to look after your babies. I hope they make a safe arrival soon.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 9:12am

Hi there,

First off, welcome to the January 2013 EC and congratulations on expecting TWINS! How exciting!  Secondly, I agree with what Leila said.  Those little ones are probably really cramped right now and I'm guessing it may be difficult for them to move much.  However, if you are concerned, please go in and be seen.  You'll keep yourself sane as well as make sure that both of your little ones are doing well.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing! 

photo snowsiggy.png