heartburn!

iVillage Member
heartburn!
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 3:47pm

anyone else having issues with this?  i just had to make a run to a convenience store to grab some tums.  not tasty, but not as bad as i expected.  hope they work quickly!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Community Leader
In reply to: noelsgal
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 2:50am

I've just started with it this week. Good job you're prepared with your tums coz I remember lots of midnight visits to the medicine cabinet last time when I would wake up with major heartburn!

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:43am
I am having this problem as well. I am going to try the apple cider vinegar remedy and see if that does the trick (2 tsp unpasteurized ACV in 8oz water 3x a day). I ate soo many Tums last pregnancy, and the relief was never lasting. I'll let you know if I have any luck with the ACV.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:55am

I starting having heartburn in the second trimester. I have it regardless of what I eat. I have smoothie flavored tums and those seem to do the trick. They taste like smarties, so not terrible. I find myself brushing my teeth everytime I eat- I have to or it makes me sick. So I'm going to have to get tums and a toothbrush and toothpaste just for my purse. Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

I also get bad headaches and backaches. I still get tired really easy too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers