Jerky/Twitchy Type Movements

iVillage Member
Jerky/Twitchy Type Movements
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 6:49pm

I've been feeling jerky/twitching type movement for the past week. Not consistent... only every once in a while. From what I've read online, it may be the baby hiccuping. Anyone else experience this or know what it could be? DH told me to listen to the HB on the home doppler today since it's been a while and after being down with a cold and throwing up on Sunday (taking lots of meds for about four days, which I am officially off of) he was worried about the baby. I can still feel him move, so I'm not too worried, but just wondering what that type of movement could be.

Also, DH still hasn't felt the baby move and from what I've read it could take up to the 7th month. Some people have already experienced this and saw the baby move from the outside, so still looking forward to both of those milestones.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Community Leader
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:39am

It could just be the baby tryin out new movements or gettin comfy. Hiccups feel like a repetitive movement, almost feels like a slow heartbeat because it's rhythmical, and it goes on for several minutes. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 6:55am

When I experience this, it lasts for a bit. It just doesn't happen all the time is what I meant.

I actually saw my stomach move from the outside last night, so I out my hand there and felt him move. It was the coolest thing! Then, I had DH do the same thing and he felt it too. Although, he said he's not going to count it because he wasn't sure. That was definitely what that was though because I could feel him move from the inside in the same spot in he could from the outside. Of course, it would be while I was in bed reading right before I went to sleep.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:02am
Tell ur DH to give your belly a poke every now and then. I'm 25 weeks 5 days and once I realize that Skylar is woke, I tell DH to give her a poke lol its so cute because she pokes back. I wanted a grilled stuff steak borrito at like 11 last night, so while waiting in the drive thru they were just poking at each other lol
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 6:35am

I can't wait until he gets a little bit bigger, so I can really see him move. My stomach was moving again last night, but barely pushing out where he was moving and DH and I looked at each other just amazed. I don't know if it's from him kicking or just moving/swimming around.... I feel like he does somersaults in my stomach, lol.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:27pm
This baby gets the hiccups all the time. Usually i feel them right on my cervix. Really low

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers