Labor & Delivery Surprises

iVillage Member
Labor & Delivery Surprises
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 10:05am
You read all the advice, you talk to your friends and you take the classes, but even when you think you're 100-percent ready for childbirth, parts of labor and delivery can be completely unexpected -- and, okay, even shocking. From the gross to the scary to the slightly bizarre, here are 21 labor and delivery surprises. Don't say we didn't warn you!

What are you most worried about for your delivery? BTDT mamas- what caught you most off guard during previous labor and deliveries?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 2:10pm
the biggest thing i want to avoid during labor is having to go through the pushing, etc., and then still have to have a c-section. i just had my 36wk appt. and doc thinks baby is in the high 5-lbs, so hopefully he isn't planning gaining several pounds before he's ready to be born. he's gotta fit through my slim hips! :)

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-25-2012 - 2:54pm

and doc thinks baby is in the high 5-lbs, so hopefully he isn't planning gaining several pounds before he's ready to be born. he's gotta fit through my slim hips! :)

hello!! youd be surprised at what those slim hips can do;) i weighed in at 120 pounds when i got pregnant and was only 155 pounds when i gave birth to my first. she was a lil over 7 pounds and she slid into this world just fine. i had a section with my 2nd child but it had nothing to do with her weight-its cuz she was breech. if she was in position, she would have had no problem sliding into this world too-and at the end of that pregnancy, i was 150 pounds and she was 7 1/2 pounds. you'll be amazed at what slim hips and lil bodies can do-good luck!!!