Pain Relief During Childbirth

iVillage Member
Pain Relief During Childbirth
Wed, 12-12-2012 - 12:44pm
When you're pregnant, it seems like everyone has an opinion about pain relief during childbirth, making it hard to decide whether it's the right choice for you. About 61 percent of women who have a vaginal birth choose to have epidural pain relief, according to a recent report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Whether you're positive you want an epidural -- or just want to be prepared in case you change your mind during delivery (it happens!), here's what you need to know.

Epidurals 101: Everything You Need to Know About Pain Relief During Childbirth-  http://www.ivillage.com/what-epidural-childbirth-pain-relief-101/6-b-478004#ixzz24qjC292M

Have you thought about what kind of pain relief (if any) you'll want during childbirth? What's your plan?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 2:21pm

sign me up for an epidural!  i know the way i/my body deals with pain, and i'll be tight and tense.  in order to combat this, which would slow the labor process, i plan to have an epidural to make things a little easier on everyone.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013