10 week Ultrasound Photo

iVillage Member
10 week Ultrasound Photo
Sat, 06-09-2012 - 9:44am

We went in for our second ultrasound 3 weeks and 3 days after the first one and we got to hear the heartbeat this time. It was 171 bpm and we even saw the baby kick on the screen. It was funny to see my husband's reaction when it did, lol. He was like, "What was that?" Obviously, too early to feel it, but nice to know that the baby is healthy and active. We go back next Friday to meet with our doctor, so I'm curious as to what that appointment will be. So far things are progressing nicely and it puts my mind at ease at this stage (this is the furthest I've gone) after two losses.

Amanda

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 2:22am

Great pic, yey for a healthy active baby and for hittin a great milestone, congrats!
Photobucket

pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 9:29am

Thank you. Yes, I feel much better getting to see it again. I had to request the ultrasound, but I'm glad my doctor agreed. Now, the baby is officially considered a fetus, so that makes me feel better too. Definitely healthy and active, thus far. DH said maybe it was picking up on my mood at first because I was worried there would be something wrong and when I heard the heart beat it started moving, so my mood changed. IDK, maybe that is the logic- just keep thinking positive.

Amanda

iVillage Member
Re: 10 week Ultrasound Photo
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 9:32am

Thank you! It's funny because I posted the picture on FB too and everyone was saying that it was big for 10 weeks, but it was right on target with where it should be and then everyone was saying girl because of the higher heart rate. While, DH and I would love to have a girl first, I'm not going to rely on Old Wives Tales to predict the gender of our child. After two losses, we'll be happy either way as long as it's healthy.

Yeah, my dad said football player. Although, not sure how he came to that conclusion unless it was the punter, lol. My dad had four girls and I'm the only one who hasn't had a baby yet, but the other three had boys, so he's loving it. I hope we have a girl to balance it out. Otherwise, we can just start our own football or baseball team with just cousins, lol.

Amanda