28wk appointment

iVillage Member
28wk appointment
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 4:14pm

i had my 28wk appointment today.  hooray for T3 (tomorrow)!!

baby's heartbeat was strong at 141bpm.  we heard hiccups on the doppler, but i couldn't feel them.  i had my belly measured for the first time; it measured at 27, which she said is fine.  blood pressure, hemoglobin, and glucose testing were all great.  turns out i have a bladder infection, though! :(  i've been peeing frequently but have had no other symptoms.  antibiotics for that.  i'm currently up 15lbs, sitting at 125 right now, and they said that's perfectly fine. 

overall things went well.  getting ready to think this baby being done baking and get him out.  i'm feeling big, sleeping not as well.  but the main thing for me is knowing so many people with stillborns; i'm ready to get this little guy out into the world... happy and healthy!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:12pm

Yay for an uneventful apt. Are you going every two weeks now? It's so cool that you could hear hiccups. You're doing really well with your weight gain! Do you have the baby's room/space ready?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 1:27pm
yep, i'm moving now to every two weeks. i'm glad they were satisfied with the weight gain. 5lbs of the 15 was in the last 3 weeks, so i was worried that it was to much in a short time. if i continue at that rate, i'd be adding a total of 35. totally normal, i just assumed i'd be on the low end of the recommended 25-35... maybe that was just wishful thinking? the nursery is started. we have the crib and bedding up and ready. need to paint, decorate, and organize a bit. it's starting to come together, though. and i'll admit i do sometimes pause at the doorway just to peek in there as i walk by!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 8:53pm

I'm sure in a way it'll go faster being in the last bit of pregnancy, but drag at the same time. I was on odd weeks because of when I originally started going to the doctors. My last apt was at 27 weeks and they wanted me to wait three weeks (30 weeks) to be on even weeks. I go back tomorrow. I'm always nervous they'll say something to me about my weight gain. I think I've been doing pretty good- particularly the last week, but I've also been avoiding weighing myself (other than weekly weigh ins, which I do keep track of). I have the feeling with our Murder Mystery Party, Halloween, our baby shower, and our anniversary over the next two weeks (by the time we go back)- I'll put on more weight. Plus, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which is typically my favorite holiday, but being that I'll be 34 weeks pregnant- I'm more nervous than anything. Again, I'm sure it's because I'll be going to the doctors right after that and worried about weight gain. All my weight in literally in my belly, which sits really low anyway. People keep telling me how big I am for 30 weeks (+20lbs), but it's literally all in my belly.

I bet that feels good to have the nursery started and some of the bigger items bought. We're in the process of getting the room/our room ready (we have a smaller space, so he'll be in our room), but we're completely remodeling it. Trying to have the paint and carpet by next weekend (our shower). All the other smaller pieces we can get after. We're buying our crib and stroller. But we are getting half off our crib through our parenting class. We'll see what we still need after our shower next weekend. I want to go ahead and buy the travel system stroller too because we have a 20% off coupon from when we registered at Target and they are also having a sale right now, so total we'd save $70 if we bought it in the next week.

Are you taking maternity photos? I was planning on calling a local studio to see when a good time to get in would be (early December or mid December... I don't want to risk waiting until the end of December and then I go early and miss the maternity photos).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers