36wk Appt

iVillage Member
36wk Appt
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 2:01pm

I just came from my 36 week appointment.  aside from the continued swelling, everything is still looking good.  baby is head down and facing the right way.  blood pressure is still low and no protiens in the urine, so no worries about the swelling.  i gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks, but he's guessing i have a couple pounds of fluids in my legs! yikes!

i'm dilated to a 1.5 and am 50% effaced.  i had some contractions last night (ones i could feel, more than just braxton hicks).  they were every 2-3 minutes and felt like strong period cramps, but they stopped after about 30-45 minutes.  doctor was a little surprised that stuff is happening already, but didn't seem concerned and said they wouldn't stop labor if it started now.  it'll be interesting to see how long before things start to progress! days?  weeks?  who knows?!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Community Leader
In reply to: noelsgal
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 12:34pm

I just got back from my 36 week appt too. Baby is 3/5 engaged and still nice and active. Urine and BP were fine. Been suffering from SVT alot recently so midwife recommended I contact hospital if I have any long episodes (had it for 4 hours on Fri). I go back again in 2 weeks. 

We're so close!

iVillage Member
In reply to: noelsgal
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 10:55pm
What's SVT and why aren't you going every week now? Super close!! DH and I are betting we'll go before the due date. We're both crazy busy with work (me 12 hours today, he's traveling) and are wishing we had more time to spend together before our lives are turned upside down. But we're ready to figure this baby thing out together. No idea what we're in for, but we'll do it as a team!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Community Leader
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 12:03pm

SVT is supraventricular tachycardia, basically my heart beats very fast! I only get it when I'm pregnant. 

Here in England, you only get seen weekly with your first then it's fortnightly at the end. I guess they assume you know what you're doin second time round!