It's a...

iVillage Member
It's a...
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 5:28pm

BOY! Richard  "Ricky" Golden. He weighed 12oz, had long legs, and a big forehead. He had both hands behind his head (one of each side that he was resting on) and legs crosses laying vertical. He sleeps like daddy. The ultrasound tech had to shake my belly to wake him up.

We wrapped the profile picture of the ultrasound in a frame for the grandparents and took pictures of my dad and DH's mom opening them. My dad cried, which is funny because he has 7 grandkids (three step grandkids two of which are girls) and the rest are boys by his four daugthers. He always wanted a boy and now all of his girls had boys. He's an awesome grandpa and loves being surrounded by boys, especially since he thinks they all look like him! MIL and FIL didn't understand what it was (even though it was in a blue picture frame), so I had to tell them it was in a blue picture frame, so what did that mean... then they got it. They were both rooting for a girl since they knew that's what we wanted, but we really are okay with a boy, more than we thought we would be.

Plus, now hearing that DH said he would be happy just having one if it was a girl and I want three... even if the next one is a boy, they can just be brothers or of it a girl, we'll have one of each. I do eventually want a girl, so hopefully I am blessed with one, but we are happy..

Plus, I love green! I'll just have to get one of those pee cloths!

Baby Ricky...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 7:55pm

Congrats!!!

<br><br> 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 7:24am
So its a boy after all huh lol congrats on a healthy baby boy. Your father jinxed yall lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 9:05am
gotta love the irony life throws at us, huh? i know you guys tried hard for a girl, but i know it's been a journey for a healthy baby. this is the right baby for you at the right time. congrats on your boy!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:18pm

YAY!!! 2013 looks like the year for boys!! the blue part is filling up faster than the pink:smileyhappy: and everytime you change them they dont pee...just a lil more often than girls. my first experience with that was the first time i changed my nephew-who is now 11. i took the diaper off and he let loose-lol. i told my sister in law that i was never changing him again!! LOL then his brother about 6 years later-that experience was funny-he actually squirted himself in the face cuz the way his winkie was positioned. he starts to cry and looking at me like why did you do that to me?? im laughing at him though cuz it was funny. anyway, your lil guy weighs a bit more than mine-mine was only 9 ounces at his ultrasound...but that was last week so he might have gained some weight in the last week...im happy for you!! (and dont worry-if its meant to be youll have your girl. i always said i wanted 3 kids too-but after i had my 2nd-i really thought i was done. it took 7 years before i got "bit" by the baby bug and my last 2 will be almost 9 years apart. but its my boy-like i said, im sure itll happen, if its meant to:smileyhappy: )
JOANNE

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:20am

Diane- thanks, your words are so true! I feel blessed either way. I mean, it's our first, so it really didn't matter anyway. We always said we'd want a boy first, but after seeing our cousins interact with their daughters (age 1 and 2), we really wanted a girl. We could not be more happy with a boy. DH said he looks at me as very womanly/sexy that I was able to give him a son/namesake! I look forward to seeing Ricky's interaction with his dad and grandpas.

Joanne, it's good to know that they don't pee on you everytime you change their diaper, LOL. I have five nephews and all my sisters have been peed on, I want to try to be prepared. We're still trying to figure out who's going to be home with our son. If DH either stays home or works from home, then I'd go back to work. Otherwise, I'd be home. I was 19 weeks 5 days at the ultrasound and from what I've read online average is 10 oz, so a bit big. I guess I need to slow down on the stuffed crust pizza. I try to read ahead for what to expect the upcoming week and they said baby starts swallowing amniotic fluid at 20-21 weeks, so really whatever you're eating is what they are tasting or develop a taste for. So, DH said I have to incorporate more veggies/salad into my diet 1)so the baby likes veggies and 2) so we don't have a 10lb baby. DH is not a veggie eater himself, so he really wants our kids to be. I always eat a side salad with what I'm having anyway, but I guess more salad/veggies. The other day I had half a loaded baked potato and side salad, so good, but I guess I can't keep eating a lot of startches. I figured/hoped with him measuring a little big that I'd just go a little early. I mean, I am due January 3 and there's a full moon on December 28, so... I want my first two to be 18 months-2 years apart and it really doesn't matter either way with the next one. If I have all boys then, like you said, it was meant to be. Boys have their mommies hearts anyway. I just think it's the opposite for moms with their sons vs. dads with their daughters. As far as who their dating. I know we have a while to think about that, but it's true! I'm glad you got your son and thanks for your kind words!

Ricky...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers