My baby is..

iVillage Member
My baby is..
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:27pm
A little man! My Chinese predictor was wrong. Tiny now has an actual name: Syrius! For the Harry Potter buffs, the name is said like Sirius, Harry's godfather. We spell it differently because we're sticking with an Sy- theme.

Syrius had his hands up next to his head for one of the head shots and had the hiccups. So his head and hands bounced. By the profile pictures, one of his fists was up on his forehead. He sucked his thumb a bit, waved, then proceeded to stretch until his toes pointed. He also kicked his legs a bit, suckled, and arched a little.
The tech had a problem finding his heart valves in a good shot because he was laying breech position on his stomach and refused to move. The yech had me lay on mu left side in the jopes that when the doctor came back in and I turned onto my back Syrius would move with me. He did roll a bit but then hid his heart with his foot! He has inherited a fair amount of the obstinate streak that runs in my family.
The tech caught a peek of his little boy parts but I missed it so she tried to get another look but he crossed his legs! What a time for modesty! But I did get a look and saw the proof for myself. He is a very healthy boy with a heartrate of 165 beats per minute average and is about 18w5d along in development.
Community Leader
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 3:43am

Congratulations! And I love the name!

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 7:20am
Yay for a baby boy
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 9:06am
congrats on a healthy little man!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:26pm

YAY!!! another boy!! i think 2013 is the year for boys-i really do:smileyhappy: the name is different, unique-i like it. now my chinese gender chart was right...actually all the wives tales that were posted up-most of them were right on for this pregnancy. your lil mans heart rate is high though-usually the higher heart rates come with girls-my sons heart beat has been 160, 148 and 139. i go in another week-itll probably be low again. my 8 year olds averaged around 155-160 but my oldests were lower-averaging around 150...my sister told me with her 2 girls-the heart beats were right up there at 165 for her oldest and 175 for her youngest...so i guess you never know. but yay!!! my lil man was waving and moving too-actually he hates when people crowd him so he was trying to escape the pressure the tech was putting on him!! LOL
JOANNE