Extra Baggage?

iVillage Member
Extra Baggage?
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 1:50am

First time mommy to be, EDD 7-15-12 and very anxious for the arrival of Leilah Jane Adalyn <3
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 6:09am
If you have gestational diabetes there is nothing more you can do than eat healthy. They will teach you how you should eat for your weight and condition-- limit carbs, lots of protein, ect. But other than that its a condition that is out of your hands. You have done the best you can. Sometimes our body has a mind of its own. If a diet itself doesn't work than the doctor will give you insulin. There are ways to manage it. And its something you need help from a doctor to manage. You can't do it on your own. So don't feel bad that its high even though you are eating healthy.

If they call you and say you do have gd its ok to cry. I sure did. But remember that you did not cause it. Its just the way your crazy hormones are dealing with your body and sugar. Once you get the hang of it, its not so bad. Its not a death sentence, even though it might feel like it when you are poking your finger for the third time that day. It can happen to anyone

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 6:13am
Oops didn't mean to send. Silly phone.

It can happen to anyone. It doesn't matter if they are 10 pounds underweight or 90 pounds overweight.

You do deserve to be happy. So be happy. As long as you are doing your best than that's all you can do. How can you be better than the best? Keep your chin up. Come july it won't matter what all those people say about you. good luck!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:17am
My sons oldest cousins wife is expecting in the beginning of june. She was a size 0 and still ended up with GD. It doesn't always have to do with weight so don't blame it on anything you did at all!! Lots of hugs (((((hugs)))))) I gained 60 pounds with my son and I never had it. It really is out of your hands
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:45am
I agree with the PPs, it definitely can happen and have nothing to do with weight! Try not to beat yourself up about it or worry too much when you do not even know for sure if you have it. And even if you do, like they said, it can be managed easily. And it is not your fault so ignore people that try to say it is. It's sad because pregnancy is supposed to be such a happy time, but yet other people can make it miserable for us at times...
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 12:33pm

A sure sign of how insensitive and inappropriate a person is: when they begin to criticize a pregnant woman's weight. I'm sorry anyone is making you feel bad about your weight gain. What matters is what your doctor, a medical expert, says about your weight. If he says your weight gain is not alarming and within the healthy range, then that's that.

If you have gd, it's how your body processes the sugar - not a single thing to do with who you are or how you're taking care of your baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 7:42pm
Thank you ladies. Yes it gets very frustrating with every one talking about how huge you've gotten so fast... I will let you know what the GD verdict is !
First time mommy to be, EDD 7-15-12 and very anxious for the arrival of Leilah Jane Adalyn <3