Holiday Traditions

iVillage Member
Holiday Traditions
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 5:55pm

How do you celebrate Easter or Passover?

My family usually does a big dinner every year after church and then an egg hunt for the kids. This year we all live so far apart that I am just doing the egg hunt on my own and letting the kids go to parties instead of doing a big dinner. One night we will go over to my aunt's house for some kosher food and do the Passover thing. (We are not Jewish but her hubby and kids are) We like to combine our holiday traditions when we can. He makes the BEST matza ball soup in the world. Yum!

This year I am going out on a date while my kids are at their parties... So it is kind of exciting for me!!!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-08-2012 - 8:33pm
We normally just do big dinners with our families and egg hunts for the kids. Before the actual day we always color eggs too. And of course, the Easter Bunny comes and brings Easter baskets for the kids to find Easter morning. ;)
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 12:16pm

We are not jewish, but Christian (you'll see why

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 10:35pm
Sounds like you make it a learning experience as well as a tradition for your kids! As a kid, my youth group put on a Passover feast every year and I loved it. We learned a lot about what this time of year is really about. We always make the church service a big part of our day too. My kids know there isn't an Easter bunny but I still make them baskets every year. This year I got them new Bibles and a little baggie with treats in it since they know the Easter bunny is NOT what it is about anymore. They still love decorating eggs and stuff but we didn't do that this year. I figured they would come home with enough stuff like that from all the activities they attended this last week. :)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your