Return of the cankles!!!!

iVillage Member
Return of the cankles!!!!
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:44pm
Hehe

Oh boy are my ankles and feet swollen lately!! Today we had a stroke of odd weather here in MA as it hit 90 degrees!! Yikes! My feet have been swelling lately anyway but today really took the cake! I can hardly curl my toes they are so fat!!
I remember this happening with my other two but not til the end! My ankles have disappeared :(
I remember after giving birth looking down at my feet and thinking "wow! Who do these scrawny bird legs belong to?!"
Ohhh cankles are so not flattering or comfortable lol. I have to attend a formal work event on saturday night and I still don't have any shoes- this is going to make the shoe shopping process a lot less fun! grrr
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:46pm
Oh- and I meant to mention- in not at risk for pre-e I know swelling is a symptom but my blood pressure is so low my doctor says I'm "barely living" as she puts it bluntly. It's like 80/50 or something. I didnt want everyone worrying and warning me of the dangers of pre-e. :) I'm just holding onto all that water!!
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 8:58am

This 3rd pregnancy is hard on our bodies! I swear if anyone tells me how huge I am again they are going to get an earfull!

I don't really get much swelling but my belly looks like I'm 9 months pregnant. When I tell people my due date, I swear their mouths drop.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 10:56am
When did you ladies get swelling with your first pregnancy? I am 27 weeks tomorrow and still no swelling really. My hands and feet will feel a little swollen in the middle of the night, but that is it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 1:01pm
I here ya. Maine has been so warm! I'm using my ankles to hold my can of pepsi( curled up in recliner)
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 12:09am
I have cankles all the time! lol
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 12:50am
Katie I didn't get swelling with my other two until the very end- like the last 2-4 weeks but I think the hot weather we had here the last couple days just made it worse than it normally would be...
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 12:58am
Hah mrsb that's funny people are doing the same to me! I kept pregnancy journals with my other two and in comparison, I'm as big now as I was at 8 mos with my others! My mil is telling me she thinks this baby will be much bigger than the others, and when people ask my due date they are surprised! Someone said to me the other day- "not much longer, huh?" I wanted to scream and say "uh yeah I'm not even in the 3rd trimester yet!!" haha

I feel huge but then people swear I'm so tiny. Whatever. We are all different!
baby