solutions for bad skin

iVillage Member
solutions for bad skin
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 8:15pm

Ok, so my skin's never been fabulous, but I usually used Proactiv to keep it looking okay. I am still using it now, but its not working as well, and what's really bothering me is my shoulders and arms- they are breaking out so bad!!! :( I can't do anything to keep my skin clear, I've tried so many different things. I have heard that sometimes doctors will prescribe a topical

baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 3:15am

Have you tried grinding up a cup of oatmeal with a food processor or coffee grinder

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 10:24am

All of my teenage years I was on an antibiotic pill and used topical antibiotic cream, and for me, they did absolutely nothing.

<*KATJA*> My Ovulation Chart
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 2:14pm
My skin has actually been better while pregnant, but usually I get break outs too. I am attributing my lack of breakouts to either pregnancy in general or the face wash and lotion I have been using, I started using the wash and lotion around the same time I learned I was pregnant so I don't know which to thank yet. I use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash (just the original orange colored kind) and then the Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Control lotion. Also I know Neutrogena's Acne body wash is amazing! I don't usually get acne on my body, but one summer when I was a teen I did on my back and shoulders and this stuff cleared it up within a couple days and kept it clear.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 11:08pm

I don't have too much advice but I do know it sucks! With my first pregnancy it was the worst. All over my face, neck and for the first time ever- my back! I tried all sorts of things but nothing ever really worked until I gave birth. Then like magic, a few days later I was cured. Argh! This time, my skin is so back and forth.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 10:29pm
My skin was horrible once I was off BCP and starting TTC. Derm prescribed Finacea, which is safe for use during pregnancy. It cleared everything up quickly and works great during my now occasional breakouts. Good luck!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 7:53pm
Yeah I'm thinking of calling my dermatologist. My ob said there's nothing I can do. :(
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 9:32pm
Mine is also terrible. With my other 2 pregnancies I didnt have any trouble, but since Im pregnant with twins this time Im guessing its double the hormones???? Wish you luck on it clearing up soon.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers