What is going on with this weird pelvic/groin pain?!...

iVillage Member
What is going on with this weird pelvic/groin pain?!...
Sat, 04-21-2012 - 8:39pm

Ooookay, so I'm due 7/1 and have had an easy/problem free pregnancy thus far....

.....Until a few days ago when I woke up with a weird pelvic/groin pain and a little pressure. And it has gotten worse. It feels like I tried to do the splits (hellllo, I didn't) and I'm so sore I can hardly walk. It hurts when I roll over in bed, when I get out of the bath, and when I put my clothes on and stand on one leg...

Anyone else ever experienced similar pain? Is this normal?! OWWWW. It hurts when I walk!!

My next appointment is this week and I will be bringing the topic up, just wanted to see if anyone has BTDT...

This is miserable, and I'm only 30 weeks. What gives?!.....

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver
iVillage Member
It sounds like round ligament pain. Google it and See if that is what you are feeling.
I've had it since I was 16weeks. The first time I felt it I thought sometime was wrong b/c it was a cramp like pain....like a pulled a muscles near the baby. My OB said it will not harm the baby but it is uncomfortable. Uh, yes it is!! When you hit a growth spurt it tends to happen more often, at least it does with me. I get it a lot at night as I watch tv in bed and when I change positions in bed. My OB explained it to me as, Your ligaments are trying to keep the uterus stable and as you grow you ligaments stretch causing it to cramp...like a charlie horse feeling. I bought a support belt that I wear during the day. It helps keep the uterus stable which outs less strain on you ligaments to do it. I got my belt at destination maternity (pea in the pod brand) for like $30 I think.
I hope this was helpful!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

I have this and I'm two weeks behind you.

<*KATJA*> My Ovulation Chart
iVillage Member

Just popping in from the Dec Expecting board.

iVillage Member

I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm 27 weeks.

iVillage Member
Sounds like round ligament pain to me. Apparently I had a horrible case as well a few weeks ago and doctors did ultrasounds to mak sure I didn't need an appendix or (sp?) taken out it hurt that badly. I hope you are able to feel better soon! A warm heating pad may help
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member

Sounds to me like round ligament pain or sciatic nerve pain. I would ask your Dr. about both. I thought mine was the round ligament but my dr. said it was sciatic nerve pain. It hurts like heck! Mine is right under my butt on the top of my thigh and it sometimes feels like a numbing feeling. My Midwife told me there isn't really much I can do about it besides a belly support band or maybe some yoga. Good luck!