Does your due date keep mysteriously changing?

iVillage Member
Does your due date keep mysteriously changing?
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 8:27pm

Mine does! And it is rather annoying the crud out of me. But at least, as one of our community members pointed out, I don't have to worry about being induced and going over my due date! It went from the 21st to the 25th to the 26th, they said that was final... then changed it to the 31st!!!! And honestly knowing when I stopped doing the deed so to speak lol, I know I cannot possibly be due past the 26th. Absolute. Last. Day. I was just wondering if anyone else was going through this and hopping from due date buddy list to due date buddy list as a result! Gosh some of the ladies on here must think I just want to be due date buddies with everyone! Lol... I find this all quite humorous today although yesterday it was getting on my nerves. My how pregnancy makes our moods change quickly!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

Pages

iVillage Member
Mine went from July 6th to July 5th and now it is at June 30th. I still think it is July 5th from my lmp but they said at my NT scan he/she was measuring 5 days bigger so they just changed the date to June 30th. We will see at my next U/S if they change it again.
Tami wife and mom to 2 boys Noah and Cohen and baby number 3 a girl on the way at the end of June.Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Ha ha! Don't you love it... Mine always get further away. At least yours is getting closer!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member

deleted

iVillage Member
I got bumped up from the 23rd to the 18th. But I figured I would as my cycles were strange and I otherwise would have got my positive at 3 weeks 2 days with a cheapo dollar store test. It was pretty nice basically skipping all of week 7.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
My doc at my scan last week actually wrote down that I was 15 weeks. I was 13 weeks and 5 days when I had the scan and baby was measuring ahead. I made him change it back. I'm not being put a week ahead when I am 100% sure of my dates. My DS measured a week or even 2 weeks ahead throughout the pregnancy and everyone was sure he'd come early. He came 10 days late weighing in at 9lbs 10 ozs. I grow them big I guess and if I do go over again, I dont want them trying to induce me at what is really 7 days instead of waiting the 2 weeks. He's bringing me back for another scan in 3 weeks. I guess he doesnt trust me :P
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member

same here.. According to my midwife, I'm due July 10th, July 7th or July 4th. It's different each time I go..

iVillage Member

Kate, I'm totally feeling you on the fight with the midwife/OB on the pressure to move up the due date for a "big for dates baby". As a doula, it pisses me off to see this happening. The measurements on ultrasounds are AVERAGES!!

Here's the way I usually see this go down working with women as a labor doula:

- Mom gets early ultrasound, baby is "big". OB moves due date to the left.

- Mom gets mid-pregnancy ultrasound, baby is still "big". OB moves due date to the left, once again.

- Mom gets end of pregnancy ultrasound (notoriously inaccurate!!). OB expresses concern that the baby is 8 lbs already, and "We'd better induce, before you get a 10lbs baby, and risk placental ageing and a risk of shoulder distocia!!"

- Mom gets induced. Labors for 3 days, ends up with a C-section for "failure to progress". Baby is 5lbs, 6oz, and struggles to breathe, due to lung immaturity. Ends up in the NICU for 2 weeks. Mom tries valiantly to breastfeed, but in the end, there are too many obstacles, and she feels sad that it didn't work out.

Personally, if a health care provider tried to change my due date based on an ultrasound, I would fire them, and hire someone else that isn't going to bully me into a induction. Of course, I'm using a homebirth midwife, so I can't see that happening in my scenario.

Photobucket,
iVillage Member

All I can say to that is "well said!!"

Unless you really don't know when your due date is, then ultrasound isn't particularly useful for dating purposes.

iVillage Member
I'm presumed with my DS that he'd be big. I was 9lbs 9ozs at birth and all my brothers were big too. My DH was born 2 or 3 weeks early and he was 8bs 8ozs. (My mother, is 5'2 and had all of us naturally, I take my hat off to the woman) I bought no newborn stuff as I just couldn't see me having a 7lber. I was in hospital at 35.5 weeks with contractions and got steroid shots etc for his lungs and the estimated weight then was 7.5 lbs. I feel lucky in that we dont have the same issues that a lot of doctors seem to have in the states. If I want to try for a VBAC then I'm going to do that and there is no way that I'm letting anyone tell me otherwise(unless there is a severe risk to myself and the baby) I have only heard of one person I know being advised to have a section because the baby will be very big(she's 4'10 and her partner is over 6').
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member

During my pregnancy with my daughter, it was assumed from my weight gain, fundal height, the way I carried (I am tall and lanky, even when pregnant), and 20 week ultrasound that I would have a 7lbs, maybe 7.5 lbs baby, TOPS. Everyone was shocked when I pushed out a 10lbs 4oz baby in an hour....no need for the newborn stuff! She started in a size 1 diaper.

So, it's irritating to me to deal with Navy medical questioning and scared of me having a big baby again. I mean, if I did it once, the path is cleared, right?!? :)

For what it's worth, I was around 7lbs at birth, but DH was, you guessed it, 10lbs 4oz. My midwife suggested that women should ask birth weight when picking up a guy at the bar, "I'm sorry, my prospective husband birth weight cut off is 8lbs 8ozs, so you don't make the cut off." :)

Photobucket,

Pages