July 8 - 14: Week 17
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 4:41pm

How is everyone feeling this week?

BabyFruit Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 5:03pm

Hi Sunshine,

I actually don't feel any symptoms right now besides feeling like a basket case. I had sore breasts for a while but that's gone away for the past couple of days. I was wondering if anyone else still hasn't felt the baby? I still haven't felt anything really and I was nervous but my Dr. told me it was normal.

Find out the sex in 3 more weeks! :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 9:03pm
I haven't felt the baby yet either :( I'm even trying to trick it. I heard that they move away from light (they can see the light through the belly I guess) so at night when it was dark I pointed a flashlight towards my belly haha. Didn't feel anything. I'm disappointed because I heard that smaller people feel movement sooner and I was pretty small before.

Speaking of small, my belly is NOT small anymore! How about yours? I feel like I'm so much bigger in the evening than the morning. By evening I don't even have to say anything, people just know I'm pregnant.

I haven't had sore breasts at all, just 24 hr nausea. I think as of the weekend it's gone! FX that it stays gone.

Just about 3 weeks for me too!!!!! So exciting!!!!!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 10:14am

Hi Sunshine,

Is this your 1st baby? This is my 3rd and I'm definitely not small anymore either. I am noticeably pregnant which I actually prefer because before I just looked like I had put on some pounds. I also notice being much bigger in the evening time.

Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? I have 2 girls and would honestly be happy with either. I would love to have a boy but I also have so much fun with my girls. I think I might be a little sad if I can't reuse any of my girl clothes and hundreds of fun hairbows! But it would be neat to have a son. I think my husband would love it even though he promises me he will be happy with either :)

What's your due date? Mine is July 10th.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:03pm

Hi ladies I getting bumped up by 3 days so my new edd is 7-13 whooo hoooo lol I had a sono Wed & I am looking like I am having a girl sono tech is 80% sure i will take those odds both my boys were very noticeably boys very early on

as far as far symtoms go I am not sick anymore BUT I still cant eat red meat or even look at it or I will get sick I still cant smell perfumes or cologne cuz they make me sick as well I can feel my lil princess move throughout the day

Tisha

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 4:22pm
Yes it is my first baby! Have you been posting photos? I put two photos in the "16 week" folder in the "fun and games" section below. For sure it's better to look pregnant instead of just like I had too big of a supper.

I'm not hoping for one sex or the other... and I have no idea or inklings about what it might be! DH is leaning towards boy but he says he'll be happy either way. Just to be contrary I keep teasing him that it's a girl ;) I do want *A* girl though. Whether we have 2 or 3 kids I would like at least one girl. But for the first it doesn't matter to me! I sort of like the idea of the "older brother." I guess I'll have to wait 3 weeks and see!

I'm due July 14!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 4:23pm
Congrats again on your little girl Tisha! Are your boys excited?
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 9:48pm
Thanks I haven't told the boys yet I'm waiting until next week this week was my youngest birthday he jus turned 3 & today was his Clubhouse Mickey party I didn't want to overshadow his bday by announcing anything so I plan doing it next week I will let u know how it goes lol I think the oldest (9) will u/s & be excited
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 11:38am

Congrats on your little girl! How exciting. Girls are so fun. I have 2 girls and am secretly hoping for a boy but have a feeling it's another girl. I have no clue why because all my symptoms point to boy. I had a low heart rate in the beginning around 120-130 but my last appt. she said it was more like 150-160 so that made me switch my thoughts to girl. My cravings are boy cravings though. I really want nothing to do with sweets although I wonder if I try and convince myself of that since I would love a boy. I have to admit girls are easy to me and I wouldn't know what to do with a boy!

I find out in 2 weeks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 5:42pm
It's prob a lil boy in there lol I know the HB thing should be a myth but it's true for me with both my boys it hey had low HB & this lil girls HB is in the high 160's & this preg is sooo much different than when I was preg with my boys. Were your girl preg the same? I can't wait for all who want to know to find out its soooo exciting & also means we are 1/2 way there YAY :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 9:52am

Yes! My girls were always in the high 160's. I'll give you my girl vibes and you give me your boy vibes ;)

My siggy is a little off because my midwife changed my dates so I'm 18 weeks today. Almost half way and you're right that's so exciting.

Are you having any special cravings?

Pages