Gender Predictions

iVillage Member
Gender Predictions
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 7:45am

Are you planning on using any Gender Predictors?

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 1:19pm

I didn't even see this! Just posted about a gender prediction in chit chat. You pour a little baking soda in a cup and pee on it, if it fizzes it's a boy, if it doesn't it's a girl. According to that test I'm having another girl. Also there is the bleach test, you pour a small amount of bleach in a cup of pee (outside! fumes!) if it gets frothy it's a boy and if it doesn't it's a girl. Both tests have predicted girl for me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:07pm

I have never heard of those tests. I have heard of the needle on a string one and the intelligender (sp?). I am hoping that there is some truth to the heartrate being over 160 then its a girl. My DS heartrate never went over 158 and that was at 8 weeks, this little bean is nice and high at 180. hopefully it's a little girl this time around!

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 1:55pm

Both of my girls had high heart rates! Good luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 6:08pm

I don't believe in all those "tests" (especially the chinese gender chart). However I do really really really want another girl, and I kind of have a feeling it will be, for 2 reasons.

1) M/S seems to be a predictor in my family. My mom was really sick with both my sister and me. I was sick with DD. And my sister had a boy and was never sick. So I'm hoping that since I was also sick (although not nearly as bad as with DD) that that means this one is also a girl.

2) Heartbeat seems to be one of the strongest predictors that I've heard of (although admittedly still not "proof"). DD's HB was always on the higher side, and at my doc appt on Fri I got to hear the HB for the first time and it was 170!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-17-2011 - 1:32am
I am so hoping there is truth to the HB predictor! My next appt is in a week and a half so hopefully the HB will be nice and high this time too. DS HB never went above 158 even at 8 weeks when it can be higher earlier on so fingers crossed it's high this time. I have very strong girl vibes!!! Let's pray I'm right
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 11:42pm
Interesting! I did the baking soda one and it fizzed. But I crave foods like I am having a girl! Ha ha!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 3:01pm
both my DD's heartbeats were slower than my DS. I forgot to ask the for the heartbeat at the last scan. I go in a week again so I have to remember. My son was steady in the 150's nearly all the way through. My dd's were in the 140's and 130's