Pregnant? No Alcohol For You!

iVillage Member
Pregnant? No Alcohol For You!
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 11:47am

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 1:45pm
What a strange law! Pregnant women might buy alcohol for someone else. Also some women don't show for a long time, and some women look pregnant who aren't! If a pregnant woman wants to drink, she is going to do it. Minors aren't allowed to drink but they do anyway.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 8:18pm
Wow that would really irritate me because I like to throw parties in which alcohol is present. It would be really frustrating to have to get someone else to go to the liquor store for me just because I am pregnant. So weird!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 12:03am

Ha! This just wouldn't fly in the States. I was all belly my last pregnancy, and was getting handed the wine menu probably until my 8th month at resturants. Because they just couldn't tell. Or perhaps, because no one wants to be the jerk who won't serve a woman alcohol, assuming she's pregnant, but isn't, she's just overweight.

I mean, what would be next? Not allowing anybody to buy cigerettes because it's proven that they cause lung cancer? Not allowing a person with diabetes to get an ice cream at ColdStone? Please.

Photobucket,