Would you boycott these products if you knew???

iVillage Member
Would you boycott these products if you knew???
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 7:31pm

http://www.kipnews.org/2012/03/11/products-that-contain-aborted-fetal-cells/

This really got to me. I don't use most of these products but you better believe I won't be using ANY of them now. Yikes!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Um gross. Um seriously Yuck!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
I KNOW!!! Someone sent this to me on FB and I was horrified.

Make your

iVillage Member
I had read about this somewhere else as well. I've heard a few different versions and it makes it all sound weird. The sick part is, there are things like this in a lot more then just these products, and to be honest if we went through and actually looked at everything, probably most man made products would make us cringe.
That being said......
I just had a pepsi =O
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member

I think abortion is disgusting.

iVillage Member

The fact is that we have so many things that are bad/gross/killing us in processed food.

iVillage Member

It actually doesn't really bother me so much, even though I don't morally agree with abortion.

<*KATJA*> My Ovulation Chart
iVillage Member
I agree about the abortion being the worst part. But to me it just seems so awful that these cells from a life that was not honored in the first place are being used for such a purpose... I'm even a little uncomfortable with other things that they are used for although I do see the purpose behind stem cell research, etc. But flavor testing? In the scheme of things, where does the flavors of our beverages measure up in comparison with a life taken? Wow it just boggles my mind. I'm sure the fact that the HEK cells are used the way that they are does not encourage more abortions... but it still does not sit well with me. Ick.

On the other hand, were these cells to save one of my children's lives I probably would not cringe at their use.

It is a hard one.

Make your

iVillage Member
Michelle, I grew up much the same way yet I still put crap in my body. I think the biggest thing about this article coming to my awareness is that I simply had no idea. I feel the need to educate myself now on so many products. For example, I no longer shop at Wal Mart unless I absolutely have to because of their labor ethics. The child labor in other countries is just appalling. So I try not to support them. But there are times they are simply the only place to find what I need. (Teething tablets that I just can't get anywhere else, etc.) Then I ask myself how committed am I really to boycotting this corporation when it comes down to the needs of my own children. I honestly think no matter what I will always put my kids first. I remember when becoming a donor became a HUGE deal when I was a teenager. My mother would NOT let us become donors until we were 18 and she always said that she would never become a donor because "doctors kill people for your organs, you know." Ha! So ethically, we have come a long way in a lot of areas. Clearly donating your organs is an honorable and wonderful thing to do which can often make people's deaths even more significant than their lives, by saving someone else's. I guess if these cells were used for such a purpose I would not have such a hard time with it. But using it to test/enhance the flavors of our beverages? Not quite up to par with what I feel would be an honorable use for those cells. Oh well that is just me. It is hard to be the judge of something like this. And definitely not my job. I definitely won't be using those products anytime soon. But will I let my kids be vaccinated knowing that these HEK cells may have been used to manufacture them? Probably.

Make your