35 and Expecting #1

iVillage Member
35 and Expecting #1
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 10:56pm

Hello all.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 8:40am
Hi Christa,

Congratulations on expecting your first child and welcome to the July 2012 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 3:32pm

Hi Christa,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I would talk with your Dr. who prescribes you the depression meds and your OBGYN about it. I'm not on them now but was on them with my DD who is 2 now and they both told me it was fine to stay on them. In fact, they told me it would be better for me to be on my meds verses off them and a complete mess. The meds were better then the stress would have been. Hope that helps!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:51pm
Congrats! I agree with pp, you should see what your dr says. I am the kind that gets paralyzing anxiety that snowballs into depression but I usually fair pretty good w/o meds during pregnancy. I did have PPD after my last child was born, but if you know you have depression and can recognize your own symptoms you can realize you need help. Your dr might want you to stay on yours. I personally use lots and lots of prayer, but if you aren't the praying type I would try yoga/meditation. Good luck with the therapist and let us know the outcome!