Feeling trapped

iVillage Member
Feeling trapped
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 10:52pm

My DH's sister and family, which includes a husband, a 6yro, 2yro, and 5mos, moved in mid October because they were going to lose their house. We welcomed them b/c they are family and they can help us financially w/ babysitting, we have a 2yro as well; all was fine until I got pregnant. Now, for the last 2 weeks, everything that my sil does drives me absolutely insane.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 11:09pm

What a tough spot to be in!

Stephanie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 9:30am

Oh wow, I've so been there. Living with family is so hard. I had my mom living with me for my last pregnancy and everything she did drove me crazy. Is this a temporary thing? I would talk to your DH about it and come up with a plan of when they are going to find a new place. I feel for you, it's one of the hardest things ever. I can't imagine having 5 extra people live in my house with me. I would probably disapear a lot.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 2:56pm
It is tough to have someone there all the time. It is hard enough to have a spouse and kids always in the house...so i can relate!

December Gumdrop 

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 6:08pm

I saw the OB today and I am on modified bedrest so I am now stuck here; thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 6:26pm
I'm sorry you're in this position AND on bedrest :-(

So they are guests in your home but do NOTHING to help you out, either financially or housework-wise? IMO I think you and your DH need to sit down with them and explain that they need to help you out in some manner (whatever you want to agree on) or they need to find somewhere else to go. That is not fair to your family, espcially with you on bedrest now!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 10:18pm

I agree, that is too much stress on you......I would definitely sit down, calmly & have a talk with them, or it isn't going to end well!

it's only fair, if they stay there & you are helping them out.....they also need to pitch in & help you out, or else, it's too much stress on you & the baby.

Kiki (hit my magic age of 45 and no longer TTC),but mom to a beautiful teen DD & 2 angels in heaven & married to my best friend

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 11:09pm

Hats off to you!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 10:20pm
I know how you feel! Dh and I moved in with his family after we had our son- he was I juried and couldn't work and I was out of work for the baby. We lived there for 3 years- in that time we also got pg with our daughter and had her there. In the house it was his mom, stepdad, brother, sister, and grandmother. And then the four of us. Needless to say, it was far from ideal! His mom and grandma have very different styles than us and his sister and brother were bad influences, always swearing and using drugs in the house. Ugh! We were so happy to finally get out of there!
I hope things get better for you and they find another place to go soon! It's very difficult!
baby