Fell down the stairs last night! Owwww

iVillage Member
Fell down the stairs last night! Owwww
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 3:11pm

Last night I tripped over the cat and fell alll the way down the stairs. Immediately I stood up and a gush of blood came out. (Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat, right?) So I go in to the hospital and they take me up to L&D even though I am not quite 16 weeks. I got poked and prodded so many times I don't even know the number anymore. I think they stuck me 7 times because they could not get a good vein, they forgot a tube of blood, the doctor ordered more, and follow up. I look like a pincushion. So they did an ultrasound and it showed a serious placental abruption. However, the placenta has moved up some and is now only partially covering the cervix. I filled up two pads in a half hour but then it slowed to just spotting, thankfully! The baby looked good and his heart beat was good. They did a bunch of lab work to make sure my platelets were ok after the blood loss and then repeated the ultrasound, doing a transvaginal one this time. Not only did they find that that the placental abruption was larger than they thought, they also found some subchorionic hemorraging elsewhere. (Lovely) In addition, they found little boy parts on my baby! YAY! Since I was doing fine despite the blood loss and I am already on strict bed rest they let me go home after eating something. I had to eat before I could leave, again because of the blood loss. The doctor at the hospital stressed that I needed to get in to see my new high-risk OB as soon as possible and if my bleeding got worse again to come in right away. Otherwise, they just told me that the abruption was in a good position in my uterus to heal itself and the subchorionic hemorraging was nothing to worry about just yet. Lol.... so here I am back at home again with a broken tail bone. Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. My options on sitting and lying down have just become very limited. Thank God for pillows!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 4:48pm
I'm glad you and baby are ok!!!!

Girl, you need to be locked in a padded room until this baby is ready to come out with the way your luck has been going ;) LOL
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 7:49pm
Seriously!! ^^^
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 8:27pm
OMG I know!!!! Lol........ I am betting the rest of this pregnancy is going to be smooth sailing. I totally deserve a break at this point!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 9:35pm
yuck! i'm sorry to hear you've had more trouble. Keep still, and get well

December Gumdrop 

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 11:12am
Glad you are the baby are ok! Take it easy and get some rest Momma!
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 3:42pm

Geez!!!!!!!!! STAY STILL I agree w/sunshine82 u gotta put u in a padded cell til July The bright note is that your lil guy so super strong :smileyhappy:

Please be careful til u get some clearance to move around P&PT

Tisha

Lilypie Maternity tickers