more for us- please

iVillage Member
more for us- please
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:10pm

We saw our perinatologist today for another ultrasound. The good news is that Violet looks great. She is just a hair under 2lbs. Bad news is my damn blood pressure. its still uncontrolled. She talked about admitting me to Tufts in Boston for careful surveillance. This would include frequent urine checks, blood labs, 24-7 monitoring for my BP and 24/7 monitoring for Violet. I am repeating the 24 hr urine starting tomorrow and the labs on Wed. We see our OB on Wed after that and she will make the decision.

BabyFruit Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 2:28pm
Did you get put on a bp med? We made it our last pre-eclampsia pregnancy without any, but this time around are trying Labetalol, it's cool to see lower pressures again!

Hope things are going well and that you are able to manage from home! :)
L
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 9:39pm
No meds. My resting bp is real good so if I went on meds it would bottom it out. I'm hanging in at home. Having weekly urine checks and lab work. Seeing my ob weekly and peri biweekly. I hit 26 weeks tomorrow and suddenly I am very optimistic. :) thanks for checking on me.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 10:44pm
That's awesome to hear! With my 2nd that was the reason we skipped meds... and we made it all the way to 36w6d when we were induced and lil' one popped out right at full term 37 weeks! We also do the weekly 24hrs... you'll get to know the lab ladies very well! :) When I came back in with this pregnancy they all went "oh no! Not again!" Never good when it's the lab ladies who all know your name. :)

Glad you're feeling optimistic! Always good to reframe higher risk as someone who gets to see lots of really cool pics of baby and hear that hb a lot! :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 6:15pm
I was high risk with Aiden as well and this baby before.this too. I have albums full of u/s pics. And the lab is at the hospital I work at. I never have to wait. :)
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 7:40am

So glad you were able to stay out of the hospital this week!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 7:02pm
That's the total in... especially with pre-e and all the 24hrs and b/w!! They know me at the lab but I still gotta wait! If this wasn't our last pregnancy I just might think about getting a job with them so next time there's no waiting! :)

This is our third complicated pregnancy- only upshot to it all is I can text my doctors. :) Besides that... ooooh what I'd give for a lil' bit of normalcy! :)

Hope your bp is continuing to behave. The meds are workin' magic over here and I'm hopeful this week's 24hr will hold steady with last weeks or even better... be lower!
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 12:15am
Hope you're doing well!!

Pages