Ultrasound today after ER Ordeal

iVillage Member
Ultrasound today after ER Ordeal
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 11:24am

Hi, everyone. I went through this ordeal yesterday at the ER when the doc told me I had a miscarriage. The midwife wants me to keep my ultrasound appt today to make sure the M/C was complete. They are not hopeful at all that I still have either one or both babies in there. I'm very sad even though I understand this is how a woman's body is designed to handle irreversible pregnancy problems. I go in three and a half hours and I am very emotional about the whole thing. It's hard... so if you are thinking about it, please add me to your prayer list. I need it today. Tomorrow I go in to get back on B/C... that is going to be hard also. :(

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 11:30am
Oh Mandie, I'm so sad to read this. P&PT heading to you all day today and tomorrow.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 1:12pm
P&PT

December Gumdrop 

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 1:14pm
Thanks ladies! It makes it a little easier knowing I am not alone. :)

Make your

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 1:40pm

Oh Mandie, I am so sorry to hear that! I've been praying for you and I will continue to do so. Did you have any idea anything was wrong? I hope that the Dr. was wrong and everything is alright. Please keep us posted on everything.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 1:50pm

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. You are absolutely on my mind and you will be in my prayers. Many hugs your way.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 4:11pm
Well to answer the question, I did have extremely severe cramping before any bleeding started. It got worse just hours before this happened. I just got back from my ultrasound. There is bad news and there is good news. The good news is that I am still pregnant, the bad news is that there is only one baby now. :( On the ultrasound she could see where I am healing up from the loss of one baby. There is a black spot that shows where the baby used to be, and my uterus is healing very nicely. It should not interfere with baby A at all. Baby B is the one that is gone. This time I got to bring home three photos and baby A has a heartbeat of 150. :) So even though this is bittersweet, I have a lot to be grateful for. I am happy to still be pregnant, even if I am only planning for one now. - Mandie

Make your

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 4:18pm
Oh Mandie, I'm so sorry for your loss of Baby B. I'm so very glad to see though that Baby A is still there! I was thinking of you since I read your other post this morning and hoping that at least one would hang on for you. Stay sticky, Baby A and ((hugs)) to you Mandie!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 4:33pm
Thanks so much Sunshine! I just know God has a purpose for all of this. This one still hanging on is a champ and I am trying to focus on this one rather than the one I lost. :-) She/he is measuring a little small but that is supposed to be normal with twins. This baby should catch up during the next couple months. "A" measured 7 weeks and 2 days, when it should be measuring closer to 8 weeks. But I am not going to worry about it. I am just going to take it easy and get through this pregnancy as healthy as I can. :-)

Make your

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 5:16pm
I'm sorry for your loss of Baby B, but YAY that you still have Baby A! And yay for pics!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 7:52pm

Mandie, I am so sorry for your loss :( But happy baby A is healthy!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages