Am I worrying for nothing?

iVillage Member
Am I worrying for nothing?
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 7:54pm

Hi all,

I was just getting worrysome, and I wanted to see what everyone thinks.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 8:12pm
I'm not sure if you are crazy...but I have all of the same symptoms. I thought that i felt the baby earlier on, but nothing definite for weeks now. Plus my comb was coming out clean, and now it has hairs in it. My last appt was at 17 weeks (2 weeks ago), and my next isn't for 2 weeks...so I'm being patient and trying not to worry. I'd recommend the same, no point worrying, it does no good! (at least that is what I'm telling myself)

December Gumdrop 

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 8:16pm

It's so nice to know I am not alone! Thank you for responding. I will definitely ask my doctor about this stuff on Friday.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 10:12pm
I am sorry ashley. I know worrying is so hard. After loosing my first baby and then having two friends due within a week of me with this baby loose their, one at 8 weeks and another yesterday at 22. I know last night I must have listened to my little girl with my Doppler for a good ten minutes. Glad you have a appointment relatively soon so you don't have to worry very long.
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 11:56pm
You're not crazy for worrying!! You could have an anterior placenta. I'm 19 weeks with my third and still haven't felt anuthing bc I was told I have an anterior placenta. I felt my first at 18 weeks and second at 17 weeks. Still nothing this time :( and the hair shedding is totally normal! I'm losing hair like there's no tomorrow! It's everywhere!!

Good luck at the u/s and keep us posted!
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 9:37am

I was feeling my baby pretty regularly, and then last week, didn't feel much of anything.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 10:07am

I don't think you need to worry. I'm almost 20 weeks now, and even though I do feel movement sometimes, usually just a night for a little bit, it's not all the time, and some days I don't really notice it at all. As for the rest of your symptoms I would just wait and ask your doctor at the next appointment. Hair loss can also be a sign of stress, so maybe all your worrying could be having some kind of effect. There are lots of other reasons for increased hair loss as well, like certain deficiencies.

I know the thought of miscarriage can be scary, I myself had a miscarriage two months before I pregnant this time around, and I worry a lot too. Not so much now that I am farther along, but before every doctors appointment I get a little anxious wondering if I will get bad news. I was even a nervous wreck before my ultrasound last week when I should have just been excited.So you are definitely not alone there. But just try to relax for your baby's sake and make sure you write down your questions for your next appointment so you don't forget anything, hopefully your doctor will be able to give you some piece of mind. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. :D

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:49am

I totally agree with Katie Beth. I think it’s only natural to worry, but at my ultrasound my Midwife asked me about feeling movement and I told her I really haven’t felt much. She said don’t worry at all that’s totally normal and it’s still early. When I saw the baby on the machine he was moving and bouncing all over the place. I even asked her if I have an anterior placenta since I wasn't feeling anything and she told me no that it was totally normal to not feel much yet.

With that said, I’m 21 weeks and I feel him moving usually once a day. It’s still very soft though and usually when I’m in bed at night or sitting very still on the couch. I haven’t felt anything on the outside yet and it still isn’t very hard kicks. I haven't felt him all morning and I still worry though.. I think I will worry until the day he's born! Just a mom thing I guess ;)

-Ashley

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 12:19pm

Ashley,

I think you just nailed it right on the head about the worrying:

It's just a Mom thing.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 3:17pm
Ashley you are correct- worrying is a mom thing!! But you won't stop worrying the day he is born- you will worry about him every day of his life!!!!! :)) get used to the worrying now because as they get older you only get worse things to worry about!!! Hehe
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 7:19pm

THANK YOU everyone for your responses!!

Pages