BTDT moms :Gestational Diabetes

iVillage Member
BTDT moms :Gestational Diabetes
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 11:15pm

Any BTDT moms who had GD? Are you worried about having it again? I have had it with all 3 of my previous pregnancies. The first was diet controlled, then medicine, then insulin. I lost about 80lbs after my last and gained about half of it back before this one came along. I'm trying to get my diet on exercise on track now so I don't have to deal with it again. Hopefully 4th time is a charm. I'd prefer not to be on an insulin pump this time around. We came close to that point last time around.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:52am
Hi there!

I'm sure you'll get some great replies here and I also wanted to share a link with you to the Pregnant & Diabetic board here on iVillage. If you are looking for more feedback and advice during your pregnancy regarding GD, the board is a great place to visit.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

Pregnant & Diabetic- http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Pregnant-and-Diabetic/ct-p/iv-pppgdiabetic

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 11:26am

I had mild GD with my third - I was able to control with diet changes alone.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 3:01pm

My doctor called me the wonder gestational diabetic because I followed none of the characteristics of it, so much so that if they didn't test every pregnancy they wouldn't have tested me. I ended up having to take medication because diet wasn't cutting it. I still managed to have a 6 pound baby too.

But I am pretty much counting on getting it again. But I really want to do everything in my power not to...even though that is pretty much impossible. My doctor's policy is he likes

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-02-2011 - 7:34pm

I haven't read the other posts but I wanted to say that just cuz you had it that pregnacy doesn't mean you'll have it again!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-03-2011 - 5:37pm

I had very mild gestational diabetes last pregnancy.

Stephanie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers