DX with bronchitis today

iVillage Member
DX with bronchitis today
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 10:22pm

So I have been sick for about 4 weeks now with what I thought was a bad cold that just didn't want to go away but I couldn't take it anymore so I gave in and went to the doctor which I hate doing.

Tami wife and mom to 2 boys Noah and Cohen and baby number 3 a girl on the way at the end of June.Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 11:10pm
I feel you! About 6 weeks ago I got a cold, thought it would get better and it only got worse. Then about 3 weeks ago I ended up with pneumonia that had started as bronchitis and a sinus infection! I ignored the cold and it got worse :(
I was put on a z-PAC and then prednisone for my lungs. I was reluctant about taking either but i was sooo sick and they assured me it would be safe.
Last week I had to gi back because I still wasn't better. They put me on another round of antibiotics- amoxicillin this time, as well as another round of prednisone. It's day 5 of these and I'm FINALLY starting to feel better again.
The best thing to do is rest and take care of yourself. Take the meds, baby will be okay. I hope you feel better quickly now that you have the drugs!
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:08am
Hope you feel better quick now that you have the drugs you need. If I am not doing better by Monday I am going to call and get into my doctor too. With all this nasal and chest congestion I have going on again I am afraid it is only going to make my asthma worse, and would want to make sure I don't have an infection of some kind too.

Get some rest for you and that baby!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:22am
I did two rounds of rx meds for bronchitis too. I hope you feel better!!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 6:43pm
Katiebeth I have asthma too that's why the docs were so concerned about the infection. You shoul see your doc sooner than later do it doesn't get worse!
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 11:50pm
Hope you feel better too it's not fun being sick and pregnant and have other kids to take care of it's exhausting. When I finally went into the doctor I was the 5th person with the same symptom that day but I was also the only pregnant one. I hope we all feel better soon! Plus whooping cough has had confirmed cases in my county 5 different school districts so I was worried my almost 4 yr old had it but doc says its just a bad cold.
Tami wife and mom to 2 boys Noah and Cohen and baby number 3 a girl on the way at the end of June.Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 11:04am

Ugh! I hope they are starting to kick in and help you feel better!

BabyFruit Ticker