Feeling a bit overwhelmed...anyone else?

iVillage Member
Feeling a bit overwhelmed...anyone else?
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:11am

I feel like I have so much to do before baby comes, not even counting getting ready for this precious little boy!

I am weaning bottle calves in the next 2 weeks.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:43am
LOL It sounds like you do have a lot to do! I know how you feel though, some days I start to feel overwhelmed when I think of all the things that need to be finished before the baby gets here and how things are not moving along fast enough for my liking. I just try to relax and structure my day as much as possible to get a couple tasks done a day, so I feel I am being productive enough.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 10:49am
Certainly does sound like a handful! I'm sorry. I agree. Just try and relax and everything will get done.
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:22am
Holy cow girl! But I suppose that goes along with having 8 kids, and what sounds like a farm if I'm correct. Oh my!! You do have a buy schedule but you know what!? Everything will fall into place, and even if things don't go exactly as planned its not the end of the world! You sound like you have a handle on everything and manage to keep up with a very busy life!!

I'm a little worried for a timeframe bc of everything i have going on too. I work, and I'm in school full time, and have 2 other kids. Hubby just started a new position with the army and he's driving 2 hrs to work every day so we need to move. But we don't want to move unless we can buy bc renting is a waste of money. We can't buy until he gets his paperwork in order and the army is jerking him around about it. His paychecks are all jumbled and they haven't even paid him in 2 months bc someone is not doing the paperwork correctly!! It's so frustrating! I'm trying to get my oldest registered for kindergarten and I'm not sure where we will be living. ??? And I have to get my financial aid stuff together for school but I'm having trouble finding all the info I need.

Ohhh I could go on forever!! So just like you- yes I am feeling overwhelmed. But when I need to relax I just remind myself that i have done this before and I am prepared for that part of it. Juggling everything will be hard but I know I can do it! I don't have all the time to just sit back and enjoy the pregnancy but i can appreciate the fact that i feel confident about my ability as a mom to handle it when the time comes. :)
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:37am

Oh, you are not alone at all : )

I think that a lot of it goes with the territory when you have a bunch of kids, and the age range is a big one.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 2:56am
Oh my gosh Michelle you are one busy woman!!!!! I will be praying for your strength and a healthy pregnancy through all of this. Hang in there. Soon it will be the end of May and the home stretch. You will get it all done in time. Don't worry!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 11:45pm
First off, let me just say that you are a supermom! I only have one two-year-old, and between my work schedule and the house and her (not to mention DH), I constantly feel the same way as you. :)

I'm not worrying about anything now though. Just taking things one day at a time. I know that things will slow down by mid-May, at least a little. I have to completely clean out my office, as that will be the baby's room. And get a bassinet, and figure out what to dress him in (assuming it's a boy, and I have a DD now!), and replace all the baby stuff we foolishly sold, thinking we wouldn't have another one for a long while (if ever).

But as a pp said, you don't really have to do THAT much to prepare for a newborn, so I'm just constantly reminding myself that I will get done what needs to get done, and anything beyond that (decorating the nursery, clothes shopping) is gravy.
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:07am

I am trying to come up with order of importance for baby...

Honestly, adding in 2 loads of laundry for nb clothes, spit up clothes, and receiving blankets, won't really even be noticed.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:08am

I am certainly NOT supermom.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:27am

I was really hoping to get everyone's scrapbooks caught up before this baby is born, too...but so far, that isn't happening, either...

Maybe I should keep going through pics and at least get them printed...