Fighting a cold....

iVillage Member
Fighting a cold....
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 10:07am

I have stayed in most of the winter this year so far, and luckily have not gotten sick once! I even managed to escape a cold a couple months ago when my husband was gone for work and brought one home after his work trip. Well this past weekend we had a birthday party for one of my nephews and I knew my sister and a few of her kids had been sick with horrible head colds. We thought we were saved when she decided not to come and was not going to let her daughter who had just been sick either. Well her husband ended up showing up with the daughter, because she begged to come and said she wouldn't hug or kiss anyone, (still touching things everyone else is though!) and the other kids. And what do you know, now my husband has the horrible head cold. I am hoping and praying I don't get it seeing how there is not a whole lot we can do for

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 11:23am
Tylenol cold, saline nasal spray, vitamin C, and cool touch tissues. Good luck. I'm just getting over bronchitis and sinus infection and it sucked!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 12:27pm
I have gotten my first cold of this pregnancy and it has turned into a sinus infection so I guess I would say... don't let it get that far! Once it is in your sinuses it is really hard to get rid of. So fight it at the first sign. I thought mine was just allergies so I ignored it for several days. Silly me! I really hope you don't get it but if you do, I will be sending chicken soup and vitamin C vibes your way! ;-)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 7:51pm
I have had a few colds since being pg and am currently getting over a nasty chest cold. I would suggest lots of hand washing, use a humidifier, warm facecloth and if your sinuses get blocked up- use a neti pot. Good luck and I hope you don't get it!
Also, if u get a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water. And remember to drink lots of water!!!!
baby