iVillage Member
Having all these fears :(
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 10:24pm

I don't know what's going on.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 10:33pm
It's probably just hormones and nerves. This is my third as well and my other two were complication-free pregnancies and births and are happy healthy kids. I too keep thinking that something might go wrong bc how do I deserve 3 healthy happy babies?! But I try to sum it up to nerves and hormones. I try to just relax and remember that whatever happens- good or bad- is in Gods hands, and if it's meant to be its meant to be.

It's normal to worry I think, and now that we have 2 kids already, we are more aware of all the things that can go wrong. It's just typical mommy worrying.

Try to relax and calm your mind when you notice yourself dwelling on negative thoughts.
baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 11:02pm

I agree- 3rd time around and you are so much more aware of all the bad things that COULD happen. And there's that fear that it must be your turn since other pregnancies were complication free. I have been extremely emotional the last week or so. Like cry-over-everything-at-the-drop-of-a-hat kind of emotional and hormonal. I don't remember being this bad with the other two, but maybe its because we are already stretched quite thin with other kids to care for.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 10:20am
I don't worry myself silly over it, but I would be lying if I said I don't get worried sometimes about something being wrong or him coming early, even though just like you, I have had no reason to think this at all. All of my blood work and scans have come back perfect. I think for me it is just we are getting closer to the end and time is going by so fast right now. I don't feel like I have enough time to get everything done and just be settled before he gets here. Everyone has fear and doubts at some point though, so just try not to let it work you up into a frenzy.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 1:24pm
I think all of us experience different kinds of fears during pregnancy. I also wake up on my back and my belly but I don't worry about it anymore. I did it all through my pregnancy with Alex and he was perfect. Born right on his due date. I asked my doc and he told me not to worry about it, just to try to fall asleep on my left side as much as I can. Lol

I have had a lot of reasons to freak out during this pregnancy, as well as my last one. But I think I have come to a place of radical acceptance. That whatever will happen with my baby will happen. All I can do is take good care of both of us until the time comes for him to be born. :-)

I know the fears can drive you crazy! I hope you find some peace about your pregnancy and realize that the chances of anything going wrong are really quite small. In all likelihood, your third baby will be just as healthy as your first two! :-)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 8:51pm
I'm sure a lot of it is normal hormone-induced worries, but I do want to share what happened to me while pregnant with my second child. I developed OCD/invasive thoughts and constantly worried about the baby's health, and that of my older daughter. It felt like I was freaking out inside ALL the time. I was diagnosed after she was born during my six week checkup, and actually still have it. My only advice is that if you think you're worrying excessively to the point where its disrupting your daily life, talk to your dr about it. I don't use drugs to control my OCD thoughts, but behavior therapy. It works, and five years later I can tell when I'm getting worked up and can ease myself out of it. Just keep an eye on yourself...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 11:38am

This is also my 3rd pregnancy and I've gone thru the exact same feelings. You might relate to me because I have 2 girls and am so excited about having my boy that it just feels a little too sureal. I notice you have 2 boys and you're having a girl so maybe it's similar.

I feel him moving but I still check my doppler almost daily making sure everything is ok with him. Hugs!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 6:59pm

Thanks ladies!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 1:56pm

I also keep having some fears...mostly that I will have another preemie.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 12:38am
Mpence- wow 4 preemies! How many weeks were they?

My DS was born at 35.5 weeks so just a few days short of what they consider "full term" of 36 weeks but he was a healthy 7 lbs with no complications.

Were your babies all healthy?
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 1:15am

My twins were 34 weekers, induced for pre-E

My 4th baby was a 32 weeker...I had some contractions, was told to go in, contracts stopped on their own, but because I was already at a 6, they said the only thing we could do was have a baby.

Pages