Low Blood Pressure???

iVillage Member
Low Blood Pressure???
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 11:21am

I know some of you are dealing with or have dealt with high blood pressure while pregnant, but has anyone had to deal with low blood pressure? I think I may be experiencing this at times. I will start to feel dizzy, kind of weak and tired, and faint out of no where. I feel very over heated when this happens too. I am sure it is being caused by dehydration when is occurs, although pregnancy itself can be a cause for it. From what I have read online it really causes no issues in the pregnancy other than injury that could be caused if I suddenly pass out and fall. I have not come to this point yet, and I have fainted before a few times before I was pregnant so I know the warning signs and symptoms and always know what to do to make sure I am safe if it should happen.

I go back to the doctor the 24th of this month, so I am going to make myself drink nothing but water until then and make sure I get the recommended amount of water every day and see if this makes a difference before I call or go in sooner. It has only happened a few times where I have experienced these symptoms so I am not too worried yet. But if it keeps happening I will definitely call my doctor and go in sooner.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 1:27pm

It could be low blood sugar too... I have had both issues before. But when I'm pregnant, if I don't eat regularly I can get dizzy, sweaty and feel faint -out of no where! Staying away from sugar in the morning drinking lots of water and having sustaining snacks like nuts help a lot.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 6:56pm
Yes- I always have low bp, especially when pregnant! Mine is like 90/50 lol my doc always kids me that my hearts barely beating. ;)

I get dizzy sometimes too. The best way to prevent it is to eat small meals throughout the day, don't stand too quickly, etc. you and baby will be fine.
I actually fainted once because of it but I was ok.
baby