Maternity pants ??

iVillage Member
Maternity pants ??
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 5:16pm

Does anyone else get uncomfortable wearing any maternity jeans or pants that have the full belly support? Sometimes it does not bother me, but then some days I end up having to change out of my maternity jeans and into yoga pants or pj bottoms because the elastic belly support in the jeans pressing on my stomach really bothers me. I know I have the right size jeans because I tried on a few different sizes and the others were either too big or too small.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 5:59pm
I feel that way with the band ones. The big pull up tummy works best for me but I prefer elastic shorts at night. I have to dress up for work otherwise id live in them. :)
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 8:06pm
I LOVE the fully belly panel. But I've recently found some super adorable shorts at walmart that are elastic wasteish but real clothes haha
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 4:01pm

For work, I wear maternity pants with the full belly support, and I actually like how it feels. That being said, I'm always relieved when it's time to change out of them and into my yoga pants. I live in yoga pants and Target boyfriend tees.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 1:23am
Yes..... I think mine is much the same as what you are describing. That elastic band folded and now it is twice as much pressure on half as much skin. Ugh. I spend most of my time in yoga pants these days. I need to go buy more maternity pants anyways because I have worn mine out big time. They were cheap ones. I need some Old Navy ones - they are my favorite.

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 10:02am
My favorite are the motherhood maternity ones. Dexter made me get a few of the higher end pair, I normally get the sale ones lol, but he insisted and OMG I love that man haha because these ones are AWESOME!
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 9:44am

I LOVE these pants from Lands End:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-fold-over-waist-stretch-pants~229786_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-women-_-pants-crops-shorts&origin=index

They are NOT maternity pants, but they are VERY comfortable, and can be dressed up with the right top and accessories.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 2:59pm

I actually like the full panel belly much better than the ones where the pants just sit below your belly.

But my favorite pair of maternity pants were black gaucho pants from Target (not sure if they still have them or not; I got them when I was pg w/ Kira). They have

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 5:22pm
Thankfully I am not working right now so I am basically living in all of my comfortable yoga pants every day! ;)
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 10:31pm
Even yoga pants do this to me sometimes. By the end of the day I'm usually in pj pants ASAP. Its the only thing that isn't uncomfortable pressing on my tummy.
baby