Pain????

iVillage Member
Pain????
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 9:34pm

Im 20 weeks pregnant with twins and having terrible pubic bone pains. Ive had them for a couple of weeks and its gotten really bad the last couple of days. I would normally just say its due to the pregnancy, but Im read someones post and they said they had this and went in and their cervix was shortening. I had mine messured 8 days ago and it was 5 centemeters. (i think thats what they messure it in) I know Ive had some contractons that I feel, but will go away and then I have some I dont feel that they have told me they see on the sono. The only thing else Ive had out of the normal is headaches everyday this week. Sometimes they are even turning into migraines. Could this just be my pregnancy or could it be preterm labor?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 10:21pm
Ouch! Sounds like you are having a rough time... I have pubis symphysis dysfunction which basically just makes me feel like my pubic bone is splitting in half. Hurts to do lots of things, including stand or sit a certain way. The concern about your cervix shortening is a valid one. If I were you I would talk to your doc just in case. Preterm labor is something you definitely want to rule out. The headaches are miserable too... I have been there. I really hope you feel better and get some answers soon!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 9:16am
I'm so sorry youre having pains. I agree with Mandie, never feel silly about calling your doctor. It's what they're there for =] I hope you get some relief soon. I also have been waking up every morning with migraines
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 3:50pm
5cm is awesome for a cervical length, that's above average for your gestation (around 4cm), though I'm assuming they measured transvaginally which is the most accurate way. That being said, changes can always happen quickly, especially with contractions. Is your cervix being measured every 2 weeks for monitoring? Being high risk with twins, I would think your doctors would want to follow that protocol. Because of our history of PTL, our MFM has us doing cervical length checks every 2 weeks until 24 weeks, where if everything looks good we extend to every 4 weeks.

The growing headaches are something to mention to your doctor as terrible headaches that don't go away with tylenol can be associated with pre-eclampsia. Has your bp been normal at appointments?

My philosophy is when in doubt, get it checked out. That's what the dr's make the big bux for! KUP
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 4:46pm

Just wanted to tell you guys thank you for your response. Yes my dr does check my cervical length every 2 weeks and my blood pressure is normal. I woke up Saturday feeling worse and by 8am I was throwing up. I threw up till 8 last night every 30 mins before I finally broke down and told my husband to take me to the ER. Our ob is over an hour away and the ER here does not handle ob cases, but I knew I just needed some fluid by this point. After 3 bags of fluid and 2 shots of anti nausea meds they finally got it under control. Both babies were active all day which is unusual so the dr said I needed fluids bad. Ive slept most of the day today and plan on doing some laundry and trying to eat. I dont feel good enough to eat and I got about 5 bites of chicken noodle soup down.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 8:55pm
Feel better hun. :)
 BabyFruit Ticker