Pinched Nerve??

iVillage Member
Pinched Nerve??
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 3:53pm

I have had severe back pain in the lower left back for a few days now that feels like a pulled muscle or pinched nerve. it gets worse at night and feels some better during the day. I cringe to change positions at night even. Are any of you experiencing this or have I just done something to my back??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 5:03pm
I've had some back pain, but it doesn't sound like it is anything like yours. If it hurts worse at night could it be how you are sleeping or your mattress maybe? When my older sister was pregnant with their first child they had to get a new mattress in her 3rd month because it was hurting her back so much. But you could have just pulled a muscle. A pinched nerve will hurt so bad it will make it difficult to even walk, so I don't know if it would feel any better during the day.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 7:18pm
Ouch!!!! That stinks!! Feel better!!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 7:25pm

I pulled a muscle in my lower back about a month ago from reaching the wrong direction while vacuuming

<*KATJA*> My Ovulation Chart
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 7:08pm
I've had major pain in my hips lately. My mom bought be a massage and the therapist suggested I go to a chiropractor who is certified in the Webster technique. It helps adjust your hips and lower back for pregnancy and childbirth and is 100% safe. My insurance wont cover chiropractor visits unless I have a referral from my pcp so I have to get her to do that before I can go. If it helps I will let you know!! You might also try some prenatal yoga- find a DVD or something- it's mostly stretching that will help with the aches and pains of pregnancy. Good luck and I hope it feels better soon!!
baby