Sharp stabby feelin down there?

iVillage Member
Sharp stabby feelin down there?
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 10:38am
Ouch! It feels like maybe a nerve or something baby's sitting on. Whatever it is, it feels sharp and like a stab. Anyone have this before or might know what it is?? My next appt is on Monday and I'll mention it then, but I woke up this morning with it and it's been happening for the last few hrs...
baby
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 12:43pm
I had that with Aiden. Super uncomfortable!! He was on my nerves and bladder area!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 1:15pm
Ouch! I hate it when that happens. The further along in my pregnancy, the more I seem to experience it. Very, very uncomfortable. I hope you get it figured out soon.

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 11:39pm
I've been googling it and it says it could be the baby putting pressure on the cervix or the cervix starting to dilate! :/ now of course I'm worried. I'm not a stranger to my body, so I tried to see myself if my cervix was still closed and it is. But I'm worried maybe the baby is down too low and putting pressure on my cervix....
I only get the pain when I stand or walk, so that must be it. But I'll ask the doc on Monday if I should be concerned about her being so low.
Should be interesting trying to get through church service tomorrow without being able to stand up lol
baby
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-08-2012 - 4:08am
If it happens most frequently when you start to stand/walk... I'm going to guess round ligament pain... which is perhaps the most painful thing ever! With our 2nd I would try to get up sometimes and have to stand there for a few minutes before I could actually move. Our Dr. recommended getting a maternity belt if it ever got really awful... which I think it did, but we never got the belt... I just always moved VERY slow when I was about to get up. It's such a sharp stabbing pain.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-08-2012 - 2:49pm
I have the round ligament pain too but this is a different feeling- its much sharper like a needle. It's like a pinch. The ligament pain feels different.

Man I feel like I'm falling apart! I never had these problems with my first pregnancy and only towards the end with my second. But geez- third time around I seem to be falling apart. How does that Michelle Duggar do it?!?!? Lol
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 2:50pm
So I asked at my appointment about this. She said its normal with successive pregnancies. It actually can and probably did happen with all 3 but much closer to the end. She said I probably didn't notice it as much then because of all the other aches and pains of the end of pregnancy. Everything hurt and was sore and swollen so I maybe didn't notice it as much. She said it can happen earlier with later pregnancies bc the muscles and ligaments holding everything up are weakened and so the baby is already really low and putting pressure on my cervix and all the nerves down there. She said not to worry- it won't dialate me or cause preterm labor. But it will be painful and uncomfortable. I guess I just need to get off my feet whenever I can. Ugh! The joys! Lol
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 2:57pm
Glad everything is okay! It stinks having to deal with all these pains and aches. :( But well worth it in the end. ;)
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 11:07pm
I get it when the baby pushes on my cervix. Hurts like heck.
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 7:46pm

I had this all the time with DS....i said he was always kicking my cervix because he wanted out!

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 8:28pm
Lol I totally say that I got kicked in the whoo ha. Lol I don't care. Babies kick lol
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers