Taking Prenatals While TTC?

iVillage Member
Taking Prenatals While TTC?
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 8:08am

Doctors have been telling women for years to take their prenatal vitamins during pregnancy, but now there's new reason to start taking them before you even plan to have a baby.

A new study found women who did not take their prenatal vitamins right before and during their pregnancies were twice as likely to have an autistic child, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Taking Prenatal Vitamins in the First Month of Pregnancy Can Reduce Autism Risk, Study Finds- http://www.parentdish.com/2011/05/26/pregnancy-prenatal-vitamins/

Interesting!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 6:25pm
I have been taking Prenatals since January and we stopped our BC in March. That's interesting! I have two autistic cousins.(I am adopted, so not by blood technically). My family is convinced Mercury in some vaccinations are the cause of one of our cousins severe autisum. That is one thing I will be try to avoid once we have a child.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 4:14pm

I have been taking prenatals since we started trying. I figure all it can do is help so why not ? My brother has Autism and DH's Uncle also has it, so it was something we were really concerned with.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 11:47am

I took prenatals while TTC DD in '05 and '06...and all throughout my pg with her. I wasn't as good with them this go around of TTC...I'd have waves of being good about it...but as soon as I got the + I've been taking them religiously.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 10:04am
I've been taking prenatals since May and we've been TTC since August. Now I've gotten my BFP, I'm going to start taking some oils along with my prenatal.
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 8:57am

I begin taking them as soon as we start TTCing.

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 9:05pm
I started taking folic acid as soon as I went off the pill in March, then prenatals at the start of October. When I went to the doc on Monday though she told me to go back to just folic acid and wait to take prenatals until 5 mos pregnant because the prenatals don't have enough folic acid! So I'm back to folic acid now.
 BabyFruit Ticker