3rd Appt today... midwife and I did not "click"

iVillage Member
3rd Appt today... midwife and I did not "click"
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 8:17pm

So........ today I had my third appointment and my glucose test. I was not happy with the midwife because she told me I should give my baby up for adoption. Ummmm... WHERE does she get off giving me a suggestion like that? I have never seen this midwife before out of the 5 that are there and boy she made me mad. Then she changed my due date to July 31st based on my very first ultrasound in which baby was showing behind... and that ultrasound showed me at 7 weeks 3 days, not 7 weeks. So even if she did base it on that, she should have changed it to the 28th, not the 31st.

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

Pages

iVillage Member

That's shocking. She's completely out of line and crossing all kinds of boundaries by telling you to give up your child. Can you make a request to never be seen by her again? Is she there only on certain days? I worry that you'll have to deal with her again in some capacity.

The medical assistant who was checking for my baby's heartbeat today with the doppler had to check for awhile. I was getting more nervous as time passed but she was determined and we found it.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thanks Lucy! And I can choose which provider I see from now on. I made sure it was not going to be her again... the only time I might ever have to see her is if for some reason she is on call when I go into labor.. and then I might have the hospital OB do it cause I have met her and she is pretty great. :-) So that is a relief! But honestly I almost found a new provider today... makes me mad.

Make your

iVillage Member
Omg Mandie! If she had said that to me I would have smacked her and told her right off! I can't believe that! Your better then me at handling a situation like that. DFs grandmother actually works at the hospital we have our kids at so everyone knows us there. They are actually very supportive of us being young with our kids. (our first pregnancy I was 18, 19 with DS and I'll be 20 with this baby), where our first doctor we went to was so negative and acted like we were morons. At your next appt I'd just tell whoever you see that you don't agree with them changing your due date. Boo what a crappy visits
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
I know, right? I am so going to make sure I never see her again. Ugggh

Make your

iVillage Member

That must have been upsetting.

iVillage Member
Thanks! I think the ladies who find the *perfect* provider are so blessed and honestly the other four midwives are AMAZING so I will probably stay there as long as I don't have to see Patti again. I know what you mean about being high-risk.... I have to get a fetal echocardiogram later in my pregnancy due to congenital heart defects running on BOTH baby's sides of family. I am trying not to be nervous about it and of course taking care of myself and my baby as best I can. I think that is all we can do really and try not to let ourselves get stressed out! ;-)

Make your

iVillage Member
I would seriously complain. That's terrible!!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
That sucks Mandy! Sorryou had to deal with that. At least she's only one of 5 that you can see.
There's someone like that at my family practice too (my OB is also part of the family practice, yay!). She's not even a doctor. I'm not sure what she is... midwife, PC, something like that. But anyway I've seen her a couple times and both times she's been rude and I will refuse to see her anymore. Luckily she's not part of the OB team so I don't have to deal w/ her as far as the baby stuff goes.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Oh and Mandy, I was just wondering if you're applying to be CL? If not I think you'd be good at it ;-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I agree =]
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pages