40w1d appt - not much progress

iVillage Member
40w1d appt - not much progress
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 11:20pm
Baby is officially late. Dr. checked me and my cervix is much softer (didn't get effacement percentage) but I am still only 1cm dilated, although dr. called it "a loose 1, not quite 2." I'm a bit disappointed more progress wasn't made but dr. seemed comfortable with that ant of progress. She swept membranes again (with my consent this time and it was a lot less painful since I was prepared) and said we may explore more interventions if I did not go into labor by Monday.

I have been crampy since the appt but that could be due to the sweep. I am hoping to go into labor on my own this weekend but we'll see!

Dr. was also very receptive to my birth plan and agreed to get my consent for procedures upfront going forward.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 10:18pm
Thanks, ladies! I felt some ctx early this morning but they went away. Then I thought I felt a bit of a trickle and thought my water may have broken, but it's been almost an hour and the panty liner I was using to gauge wetness doesn't seem very saturated so I am guessing it was just regular discharge. I'm hoping she comes over the weekend since the hospital's a bit of a drive and I don't want to have to battle traffic!

Being patient is hard!!! :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 4:17pm
How's it going? I had my membrane sweep Thursday, but no luck for me!

December Gumdrop 

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 9:56am
So glad everything went well this time and the doctor was understanding of how you feel! From my experience a lot of progress can happen really fast, so try not to be too discouraged right now. Sending labor vibes your way! :smileyvery-happy: