Appt and Ultrasound

iVillage Member
Appt and Ultrasound
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 11:10pm

Today I saw Janelle, one of the midwives I LIKE, and she sent me over for an ultrasound ASAP to check on the baby because we could not get a heartbeat on the doppler combined with all my symptoms this last week. I could barely walk because my cramping was so bad, my back hurt terribly! She prescribed me some painkillers for now, and then told me she wants to put me on something that both lowers my blood pressure and stops the contractions. Yay!!! I just have to wait until she reviews my ultrasound to make sure everything is ok with the baby first.

The ultrasound freaked me out a little bit. It took an HOUR to get the baby's heartbeat. Scared the crap out of me. She did a regular, then transvaginal, then a regular one again! She kept looking at the screen all funny and then asked me if I was going straight back to the doc's office. When I said I was going home, she seemed really concerned. The ultrasound took 90 minutes!!! When I left she insisted on wheeling me all the way to the door of my car in a wheelchair. Then she gave me strict instructions to go home and rest. Never heard back from the midwife after that and they never called in my scripts... so I am going a little nutsy trying not to worry. The baby's heartbeat was 163 and I could see his adorable little face so well! Got some great pics that I will scan and add later. But oh my it was a long day. My blood pressure still is not normal so I cannot wait to start this medication. It is not terbutaline, which causes bad side effects. Nifedipine is what I think she said, and I will be happy when I feel more normal. She thinks that the back pain will ease when the contrax stop. I hope she is right! Baby is measuring 12 weeks, 5 days which is only 1 day behind so I feel good about that. :-)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 1:30pm
Woohoo! Can't wait for the pics. Sorry you got so freaked out though =[
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 1:45pm
Well now at least I know WHY she acted so strange. I have a complete placenta previa, which is when the placenta is covering the cervix. I am going to research it but it does not seem too scary anymore. :-)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com
Make your

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 7:44pm
Good to know you know what's up now though. =]
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers