Healthy Baby BOY!

iVillage Member
Healthy Baby BOY!
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 4:28pm

I had a new test run, called MaterniT21.  It is a blood draw that tests for Trisomy 13, 18 and 21 and can also tell gender.  All the trisomy tests came back normal (YIPPY!!!) and it's a boy!  I was convinced it was a girl so I'm a little shocked but obviously thrilled.  My DD might take a little longer to come around..she's been talking about having a sister.  Our NT scan is Friday to check for any major structural defects.  After that I'll take a big sigh of relief and start shopping ;-)

Caryn

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:12am

Wow, how cool!  I've never heard of that test before.  How exciting that you know trisomy results and baby's gender!  Congratulations on expecting a sweet baby BOY!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 3:19pm
Congratulations! It's so nice to eliminate some of the potential problems from our list of worries. I'm excited about the anatomical US to see the little monkey since I was only 6 weeks at my dating US and all I saw was a cashew lol. That test is great, I know a lot of expecting moms who would love to know gender this early. I'm a surprise mama myself but I'm happy for you for the great results!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 12:28pm
Congrats on healthy blood results AND A BOY. I've never heard of that test, vry interessting. I had ,y NT Scan yesterday, so I know what you mean about seeing baby again! Congrats again and....maybe blow some blue dust my way? hahaha

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 7:19pm
Congratulations! You will LOVE being a boy mama. It is so much more fun than I ever expected. Plus, little boys LOVE their mommies. I've never heard of that test either, so I'm rather jealous you found out so early!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:54am

Thanks girls!  We are excited and feel very lucky to have the chance to be parents to both a girl and a boy.  Should be a whole new experience =)

Caryn