Announcing Your Pregnancy During the Holidays?

iVillage Member
Announcing Your Pregnancy During the Holidays?
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:06am

Are you planning to announce your pregnancy during the holidays this year? Anyone planning to share the news at Thanksgiving?  If so, how will you share the great news?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-24-2012 - 4:12pm

We found out on November 16th & have our first appointment on December 4th, we decided we are going to tell our parents for Christmas. December 1st is actually our 12 year anniversary, married for 8, we've been trying for almost 2 years without saying anything to anyone. June 11th we lost everything in a house fire & had put actually trying on hold. We know there will be a lot of "do you really think this is the best time" & other such comments but after begining to worry that 10 years of birth control might have left us unable to have children we are doing our best to focus on the positive & working hard to have life back to normal by July. We are planning different ways to tell everyone, I think my favorite is our plan to tell my husbands step brother & his wife. They just had there first baby in October, right around the time we apparently got pregnant, we are going to give them a Thank you card that says "Thanks for telling us you were contagious!" and see how long it takes for them to get it. I don't know that we have ever kept something so big from our families for so long!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 10:09pm
We wont be telling our parents until christmas day, I ordered DD a shirt from etsy that says "merry christmas to me... because I'm a big sister to be." We wont be sharing with Friends & Facebook etc until after we know the gender.