Are You Planning a Gender Reveal Party?

iVillage Member
Are You Planning a Gender Reveal Party?
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 10:04am

Forget finding out the sex of your baby from the ultrasound tech or in the delivery room. Today, parents-to-be are opting for a truly sweet way of discovering whether they're having a boy or girl -- a gender-revealing baby cake!

That's right, many expectant moms and dads are now learning their baby's sex from the local baker. Here's how it works: The doctor keeps quiet about the baby's gender, writes down the top-secret info on a piece of paper and places it in a sealed envelope. Parents-to-be then deliver the envelope to a baker, who creates a cake that gives nothing away on the outside, but once you cut into it -- oh, the suspense! -- a shock of blue or pink filling appears.

http://www.ivillage.com/trend-alert-baby-gender-reveal-parties/6-a-354395

Anyone planning to find out the sex of their baby with a cake... or a fun gender reveal party?  What are your plans?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:49am

Your ideas for parties sounds so cute =)  Can't wait to hear how they go!  We have friends/family all over the place and getting them all in one place for a party would be impossible so I just sent an email with a picture of an "It's a Boy" balloon.  Fun to see all the responses flow in this week!

Caryn

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 11:49pm
With DD we just told, no creativity at all. This tie, I wanna be creative. Especially since DD is 4 and will be really excited, so Im thinking of getting either pink or blue balloons, putting the in a box, wrapping it up like a present in gender neutral paper, and letting her open it in front of family, that way its a fun surprise for everyone and DD can feel a special part of it as it is her "gift"!

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 7:31pm
With DS, we told everyone we are close to in a creative way... we made cupcakes and dyed the inside blue. We put them in silver cupcake foils, and put white frosting over top with pink and blue question marks. DH wore pink, and I wore blue. We knew, but nobody else did until they ate their cupcakes when we delivered them. This time around, I would love to have a gender reveal dinner where all those family members drive to us (since we drove to them last time, and it was exhausting) and we tell them in a creative way when they come over. DH says no because I turn everything into a party... guess I'll have to work on it! He says to either keep it a surprise for everyone until baby gets here, or to just let everyone find out on facebook. No way could I keep it a surprise, and facebook, really? I like to be creative and unique.